P3 Firmware Controller update

Reaction score
So I was updating the firmware on my controller and I started hearing constant beeping whilst it was updating so I thought something was wrong and me being an idiot, I went off the app and the update stopped. Now when I go on the DJI go app and go to camera view it’s blank and all the info on the screen isn’t just N/A. How do I fix this please. I can’t seem to figure out how to just update the controller again either!

How hard it is to recover depends on which component (module) was being updated during the failure.

Here you have a list of boards in the drone and RC:
Phantom 3 AC and RC boards list at OGs wiki

Within the page for each board, there's a "programming" chapter which lists modules on that board.

That's enough info for an engineer to start working. No simple guide exists, except for module m1300.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Perhaps you can try the RC downgrade process (graduation cap method) and if it's successful then do the current update again. Also, perhaps you can try the RC force reinstall process to try to initiate a re-installation of the version you were attempting to update when you interrupted the process.
Don’t know what that process is but I’ll find out. Thanks

Reactions: Robert Shelton
Don’t know what that process is but I’ll find out. Thanks
Click the links in my earlier post to get a head start on your research. You can then decide it you want to try the reinstall first or the downgrade first. :)
Hopefully one the two suggestions works for you.

Won't hurt to try with downgrade. After that, first questions I would seek to answer:

1. Is there a log on your mobile device which was written during the failed update? Does it have info on which module doesn't respond?

2. Is there m1300 in your RC? If there is, is it working?

Friend, No offence intended, but You may have had a Valuable Education in PATIENTS, its a hard blow to You I know, but for the cost of charging your battery, just let it do its thing... go watch TV while it bleeps, Same Happened to me, but all was well after 15 min, it was telling you DONT DISCONNECT ME THIS IS IMPORTANT, I fear you have irretrievably damaged The system, please let us know what happened?... I said a PRAYER to IBM 4U

So I was updating the firmware on my controller and I started hearing constant beeping whilst it was updating so I thought something was wrong and me being an idiot, I went off the app and the update stopped. Now when I go on the DJI go app and go to camera view it’s blank and all the info on the screen isn’t just N/A. How do I fix this please. I can’t seem to figure out how to just update the controller again either!
I'm having the same problem no one seems to be able to help me with it but I was able to hook my other controller in the bird flies just fine

I learned the hard way on a PC years ago that you DO NOT interrupt a firmware update under any circumstances. I had a power failure that interrupted my PC update. It never worked again. I have since bought UPS's for the computers. At least the drone and controller have batteries that serve that purpose. I make sure mine are fully charged before doing anything. I hope your drone is fixable.

Reactions: Robert Shelton
What P3 system is in use Abdu11ah. And And what is the current FW version you want to install on your system. Different systems require different ways to upgrade the system and most important fully charged batteries to do that.

I'm having the same problem no one seems to be able to help me with it but I was able to hook my other controller in the bird flies just fine
I'm also having the same problem and no one seems to be able to tell me how to fix it for the last six months I've only been able to fly the Drone the USB port on the controller no longer works would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me how to fix this problem

the USB port on the controller no longer works
Very often, a "disconnected" state is caused by the cable used between your mobile device and the RC. We've seen that so many times that it's always the first thing to try, especially with iOS devices. With Android devices we also suggest checking that the "Use USB to" option is not set to charge only.

We've also seen that issue regularly be caused by a bad USB interface board in the RC. Perhaps an internal cable is loosened or disconnected.

Also, if everything looks secure inside the RC with regards to the interface board, another option we routinely suggest is to try the HDMI module add on which replaces the original interface board.

There is also an option to troubleshoot and fix the interface board. If you are curious about that, check out this excellent post.

Of course, there is always the option to buy a used RC for your P3P. The commonly used models for a P3P are GL300A, GL300B, or GL300C. [ Note - not the 300C Ver.B ]

Note also that most everything I mentioned has been mentioned countless times on the forum. If you need more details, the forum's search function should help. Cheers!

I have same problem updating firmware on the remote controller. I worked with tech service and DJI repair. My iPhone 8+ iOS is too far advanced and therefore incompatable. They say I have to have an iPhone 7 or less to download firmware. Stupid since I flew my P3 pro with the iPhone 8+ for years. I think DJI has engineered planned obsolescence our they are really stupid. My drone is space junk, I'll try to sell it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic