P3 Firmware Controller update

Reaction score
So I was updating the firmware on my controller and I started hearing constant beeping whilst it was updating so I thought something was wrong and me being an idiot, I went off the app and the update stopped. Now when I go on the DJI go app and go to camera view it’s blank and all the info on the screen isn’t just N/A. How do I fix this please. I can’t seem to figure out how to just update the controller again either!

Reaction score
How hard it is to recover depends on which component (module) was being updated during the failure.

Here you have a list of boards in the drone and RC:
Phantom 3 AC and RC boards list at OGs wiki

Within the page for each board, there's a "programming" chapter which lists modules on that board.

That's enough info for an engineer to start working. No simple guide exists, except for module m1300.

Last edited:

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reaction score
Perhaps you can try the RC downgrade process (graduation cap method) and if it's successful then do the current update again. Also, perhaps you can try the RC force reinstall process to try to initiate a re-installation of the version you were attempting to update when you interrupted the process.
Don’t know what that process is but I’ll find out. Thanks

Reactions: Robert Shelton

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Don’t know what that process is but I’ll find out. Thanks
Click the links in my earlier post to get a head start on your research. You can then decide it you want to try the reinstall first or the downgrade first. :)
Hopefully one the two suggestions works for you.

Reaction score
Won't hurt to try with downgrade. After that, first questions I would seek to answer:

1. Is there a log on your mobile device which was written during the failed update? Does it have info on which module doesn't respond?

2. Is there m1300 in your RC? If there is, is it working?

Reaction score
Friend, No offence intended, but You may have had a Valuable Education in PATIENTS, its a hard blow to You I know, but for the cost of charging your battery, just let it do its thing... go watch TV while it bleeps, Same Happened to me, but all was well after 15 min, it was telling you DONT DISCONNECT ME THIS IS IMPORTANT, I fear you have irretrievably damaged The system, please let us know what happened?... I said a PRAYER to IBM 4U

Reaction score
So I was updating the firmware on my controller and I started hearing constant beeping whilst it was updating so I thought something was wrong and me being an idiot, I went off the app and the update stopped. Now when I go on the DJI go app and go to camera view it’s blank and all the info on the screen isn’t just N/A. How do I fix this please. I can’t seem to figure out how to just update the controller again either!
I'm having the same problem no one seems to be able to help me with it but I was able to hook my other controller in the bird flies just fine

JWH

Reaction score
I learned the hard way on a PC years ago that you DO NOT interrupt a firmware update under any circumstances. I had a power failure that interrupted my PC update. It never worked again. I have since bought UPS's for the computers. At least the drone and controller have batteries that serve that purpose. I make sure mine are fully charged before doing anything. I hope your drone is fixable.

Reactions: Robert Shelton

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jherranz84