Controller signal after mainboard swap out.

Had a rough landing with the P3S which snapped the compass female connector off the mainboard. Bought a used mainboard online and installed. A/C functions perfectly and A/C flies with no problems except for this? First, I've had the ARGtech antennas installed since I first bought the A/C. This is my favorite A/C even though I have a P4P. When I fly I get the weak controller message and A/C returns to home. The A/C won't fly further than about 700' from home point? At one point I had it hovering about 200" straight above the R/C and I was still getting the weak R/C message. Both batteries in the A/C and R/C are 100%. Haven't had a chance to try my buddies R/C yet to see if it's R/C related or A/C related issue. Thought I'd post this to get some input from the pros. Thanks in advance.
Sparke

I doubt it has anything to do with your RC since the only variable that has changed is the AC. Is it possible that during the hard landing one of the antennae in the landing gear of the AC was damaged? And are they correctly connected to the replaced mainboard? Typically, flying directly overtop of the RC will cause weak signal unless you point the RC antennas away from you at a 90° angle. But other than that you should get 700 feet range away easy.

I doubt it has anything to do with your RC since the only variable that has changed is the AC. Is it possible that during the hard landing one of the antennae in the landing gear of the AC was damaged? And are they correctly connected to the replaced mainboard? Typically, flying directly overtop of the RC will cause weak signal unless you point the RC antennas away from you at a 90° angle. But other than that you should get 700 feet range away easy.
3rdof5, thanks for the information. I'll change out both antennas since I have new ones with the replacement board. l left the original antennas on the A/C and didn't use the antennas that came with the replacement board. There is one caveat to this story. I shipped my A/C and R/C to Cloud City Drones in RI to repair the gimble, which they did. I guess it's possible that something happened to the R/C in shipping? I'm waiting to borrow my buddies R/C to see if his makes any difference before tearing apart my A/C. Nevertheless, thanks for replying to this post. I'll keep you updated on my progress and findings.
Sparke

3rdof5, thanks for the information. I'll change out both antennas since I have new ones with the replacement board. l left the original antennas on the A/C and didn't use the antennas that came with the replacement board. There is one caveat to this story. I shipped my A/C and R/C to Cloud City Drones in RI to repair the gimble, which they did. I guess it's possible that something happened to the R/C in shipping? I'm waiting to borrow my buddies R/C to see if his makes any difference before tearing apart my A/C. Nevertheless, thanks for replying to this post. I'll keep you updated on my progress and findings.
Sparke
I think its unlikely they did anything to the RC. But it cant hurt to try a different RC for comparison. Im curious as to how you make out

I think its unlikely they did anything to the RC. But it cant hurt to try a different RC for comparison. Im curious as to how you make out
They tested the A/C before returning so I think on their end it worked fine, but not sure if they did any distance tests. The problem could have been in the return shipping but only a guess at this time. I've had great service and success with Cloud city so no complaints. Promise, I'll keep you updated since we are now both curious. Thanks for the reply.

They tested the A/C before returning so I think on their end it worked fine, but not sure if they did any distance tests. The problem could have been in the return shipping but only a guess at this time. I've had great service and success with Cloud city so no complaints. Promise, I'll keep you updated since we are now both curious. Thanks for the reply.

I just wanted to say I had a similar problem with my drone after an update. I ended up ordering another main board. I need fixed my problem where my drone would not go very far at all. It may be possible that someone sold you a good motherboard but they did not distance test it. Anyway I’m not very good with this stuff but. Just wanted to share that info with you. Someone in here showed me how to do a mod to the range chip. To make my drone fly as far as possible. I took it to a couple people because the chip is so small. But supposedly if you Sautter a jumper across it . Problem is solved .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker2000