Reaction score
So I have two controllers, one is the original that came with it but have new one with dial on top left corner. Couldnt get original controller to sync so bought a used one which is the updated version. Of course now they both work but I use the newer one. I noticed that when I try to calibrate the controller everything zero outs [dead center] but the throttle one is slightly off. It shows that I need to push up on the stick to get it to center. Now when I use the old one it centers everything so I know that isnt where the throttle should be on the new controller. Is there a way to change the gain so I can center the throttle stick. If so how do I do it? I can never get the DJI RC System Assistant software to work with either of my controllers but both work on the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assist 3.8. Now I just realized that Im using the P2 vision Assist but mine is just a reg P2 not a vision or vision+, would that cause any issues? Been using that since I first got my P2 beccause thats what people on YouTube said to use...

Ok so me thinks I figured out what my issue was as to why my throttle would not line up in the middle after calibrating the controller. Its one those DUH moments when you figure it out and cant believe you did that. Basically I wasnt pushing the stick all the way down ( to where it would stay down, this is the newer type controller where you can click it all the way down and it will stay) Once I moved it all the way down into lock position then back up several times it all of a sudden lined up correctly...imagine that. Well at least that issue, as stupid as it was, is fixed.
Now I just got to figure out why my drone tries to fly off right after launching and then I go into a hover and it wants to take off. Since I was out in the backyard at 2am I didnt want my drone to go over the fence into my neighbours yard so I just had to shut it off and it just fell out of the sky. It was up about 9 feet and landed on the grass but still did some minor damage. Did a compass and an IMU calib just before that.
Once again did I do another dumb thing by doing a compass calib while sitting in my shop? I was only about 6 feet out the door where I took off from but surely that didnt mess it up...Right?

Ok so me thinks I figured out what my issue was as to why my throttle would not line up in the middle after calibrating the controller. Its one those DUH moments when you figure it out and cant believe you did that. Basically I wasnt pushing the stick all the way down ( to where it would stay down, this is the newer type controller where you can click it all the way down and it will stay) Once I moved it all the way down into lock position then back up several times it all of a sudden lined up correctly...imagine that. Well at least that issue, as stupid as it was, is fixed.
Now I just got to figure out why my drone tries to fly off right after launching and then I go into a hover and it wants to take off. Since I was out in the backyard at 2am I didnt want my drone to go over the fence into my neighbours yard so I just had to shut it off and it just fell out of the sky. It was up about 9 feet and landed on the grass but still did some minor damage. Did a compass and an IMU calib just before that.
Once again did I do another dumb thing by doing a compass calib while sitting in my shop? I was only about 6 feet out the door where I took off from but surely that didnt mess it up...Right?

The P2 vision assistant 3.8 icon is just DJI mislabeling and has no bearing on setting up or calibrating you P2.

When calibrating the controller in the RC assistant software the throttle should remain in the center when completed. The locking position of the throttle stick should not be used to land the P2 as the craft is coming down to fast and you'll have a hard landing which could be costly. Take the P2 up to about 100 feet and lock the throttle down to see how how fast it descends and release it about 20 feet off the ground.

Yes doing the compass calibration in the house wasn't the brightest thing to do nor was flying at 2 in the morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.