Controller disassembly

Reaction score
Sorry to have two threads going here at the same time.

I recently bought a Phantom 3 Pro cheap. I think the controller got some abuse somewhere, maybe a storage issue or drop, since the drone batteries only show 9 charge cycles, and a couple of those came from me. The HOME button seems lose and out of place. See attached photos. So I have avoided pushing the button. It also sounds like something is lose in there, like a small piece of plastic rattling around. Are there any major issues to watch out for in disassembling one of these controllers? I'm just worried that whatever is loose might be metal, like a screw, and that it could short something out bouncing around, so I would like to get it out of there.
d5807d38f0854f777d04ab7bda4ce17d.jpg
e57e42edd26431832e46b3f7cfb8941a.jpg

99% sure that the rattling sound is a piece of the plastic from the mounting post that the switch screws to. They are pretty simple to disassemble. Just be careful with prying on the two halves while separating them. Of coarse after the 4 screws are removed. The USB board cover and the USB board itself has to be removed first. The 4 main screws for the shell halves are located under the 2 long rubber pads and the 2 small round pads.

99% sure that the rattling sound is a piece of the plastic from the mounting post that the switch screws to. They are pretty simple to disassemble. Just be careful with prying on the two halves while separating them. Of coarse after the 4 screws are removed. The USB board cover and the USB board itself has to be removed first. The 4 main screws for the shell halves are located under the 2 long rubber pads and the 2 small round pads.
Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic