Controller battery?

Reaction score
Just tried to take my controller apart, and ripped the battery wire. Any place to get a new battery for the controller?

Have you contacted DJI?

The other alternative is to source a 2s 6000 mAh aftermarket that could fit in it's place.

It could even be less than 6000 mAh if size becomes an issue but run-time would be less.
(DJI may use a custom size or dimension-ed type.)

Reactions: Santiego
Have you contacted DJI?

The other alternative is to source a 2s 6000 mAh aftermarket that could fit in it's place.

It could even be less than 6000 mAh if size becomes an issue but run-time would be less.
(DJI may use a custom size or dimension-ed type.)
Thanks for that - DJI just said if it's not on the website, they don't sell it...

Just what did you rip ? The wire's out of the connecter or the battery .
Got this from Data's post ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440724824_621054.jpg If you didn't rip them from battery seems you could fix it .

Just what did you rip ? The wire's out of the connecter or the battery .
Got this from Data's post View attachment 32878 If you didn't rip them from battery seems you could fix it .
I ripped a couple wires out of the connector that attaches to the circuit board. I think I'll try a local battery store and see if they have something that will work.

I ripped a couple wires out of the connector that attaches to the circuit board. I think I'll try a local battery store and see if they have something that will work.

WAIT!!!

I'm sorry I did not catch that it was a Standard not a Pro or Adv.

It is a different type battery in the Standard.

Best go to the battery store to have them check like you plan.

Sorry!!!!

Reactions: Santiego
Without you showing a close up picture of how it came out of that connecter I don't know what ta tell ya .
All the ones I have pulled out can be put back in .

Reactions: dirkclod
Last edited:
Reactions: J Dot and Fplvert
Hello
Dirk invited me!
Ok if you broke it here I can help
5BD198D8-955F-4563-9F72-6230AD6ED64D_zpslolpuzco.jpg

First the white connector is
Molex #51021-0200 ( 2 position )
This part might be ok?

Secondly:
The crimp pins inside are
Molex #50079-8000 ( terminal connectors )

They require a special crimping tool, about $20. ( engineer PA-09 ) eBay!

I have plenty of these parts, and would be glad to supply you with them, but they are TINY and very hard to get right!
Option 2
Send me your battery with broken leads, and I can fix it for you, up to you? You'd have to cover shipping, but I'll do the repair for free! Let me know!

If you want to tackle it:
I use
( DIGI-KEY )
1) 51021-0200 ( 2 position ) X1
2) 50079-8000 ( terminal connector ) x10 ( buy multiples, they are small, and easy to damage ) few pennies each!
Tool
eBay ( $20+ )
( engineer PA-09 )

The little pins are kinda hard to do, first cut wire so lengths are EQUAL, next, strip wires back 1/16" back,
Place terminal into pliers, then slide wire in, first crimp INNER CRIMP, crimp to wire, NEXT, crimp outer crimp, crimp to insulation, once both done, slide the pins ( tooth up ) into plug end ( make sure polarity correct ) that's it, plug the battery into Tx, go have fun!

Let me know, I'm in Florida!

Jerry
J Dot

Wanted to add:
If you want to try your luck, I'd be happy to make a short instructional video for you on how to do it correctly! Let me know!

Last edited:
Thank-You J Dot !
Hello
Dirk invited me!
Ok if you broke it here I can help !

Jerry
J Dot
Thanks Jerry !
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: Santiego and J Dot
Hello
Dirk invited me!
Ok if you broke it here I can help
5BD198D8-955F-4563-9F72-6230AD6ED64D_zpslolpuzco.jpg

First the white connector is
Molex #51021-0200 ( 2 position )
This part might be ok?

Secondly:
The crimp pins inside are
Molex #50079-8000 ( terminal connectors )

They require a special crimping tool, about $20. ( engineer PA-09 ) eBay!

I have plenty of these parts, and would be glad to supply you with them, but they are TINY and very hard to get right!
Option 2
Send me your battery with broken leads, and I can fix it for you, up to you? You'd have to cover shipping, but I'll do the repair for free! Let me know!

If you want to tackle it:
I use
( DIGI-KEY )
1) 51021-0200 ( 2 position ) X1
2) 50079-8000 ( terminal connector ) x10 ( buy multiples, they are small, and easy to damage ) few pennies each!
Tool
eBay ( $20+ )
( engineer PA-09 )

The little pins are kinda hard to do, first cut wire so lengths are EQUAL, next, strip wires back 1/16" back,
Place terminal into pliers, then slide wire in, first crimp INNER CRIMP, crimp to wire, NEXT, crimp outer crimp, crimp to insulation, once both done, slide the pins ( tooth up ) into plug end ( make sure polarity correct ) that's it, plug the battery into Tx, go have fun!

Jerry
J Dot

Wanted to add:
If you want to try your luck, I'd be happy to make a short instructional video for you on how to do it correctly! Let me know!

**** J Dot - You're awesome! (and Dirkclod too of course). The battery guy I took it to got the wires back in for me tonight. I put it back together and everything works, so I think I'm good to go. But I REALLY, REALLY do appreciate the time you took to provide such a great detailed reply and the generous offer of your services.

Reactions: dirkclod and J Dot
Glad ya got it fixed ! Don't be pulling no more wires out :eek:
..And J Dot...well I'm his agent :cool:

Reactions: Santiego and J Dot
Thanks for the kind words,
We are just GLAD your bird is back together and working! Nothing worse than being grounded!:(
But it has a happy ending, I'm happy the guy fixed it for you! A+
It was my pleasure, as I had no help with all this either, had to research and learn on my own, and if anyone is willing to learn, I'm willing to teach!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj