Controller battery care

Reaction score
Hi all, was looking for information on how to discharge the controller battery for winter storage. If I just turn on the controller to let it drain, the controller won't stay turned on. It shuts down automatically after 10 or 15 minutes. Is there another way to accomplish this?

Turn the controller on and periodically move any stick to "keep it awake". This may take some time as the controller battery typically lasts quite a long time between recharges. If you plan on storing the entire system for a long time I recommend flying each aircraft battery for a full cycle and then fully charging them and allowing the autodischarge to take care of them. This will help deplete your RC battery.

RC battery has no self discharging function. I think if it is fully charged, let it on till the second light blinks and store it.

Reactions: Capt KO
I store RC at 2 1/2 lights but every couple months drain to 1 light and recharge fully. A pain but keeps them healthy. With more remotes than drones, happens often. Just touch controls occasionally to keep it from going to sleep. More fun to just fly the battery down.
Why winter storage? Beautiful in cold climes. Dress warm, have fun

Reactions: Jim Canada
I found if you charge your tablet or phone with your rc while you keep moving sticks it goes a lot faster for 2 light discharge

Reactions: jephoto

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.