Controller antenna mod, what to use when not using panel?

Reaction score
I have the ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02.2 with clean install kit on my controller and wanted to see what others are using when they Don't want to run the panel. I know they carry a 5db antenna for $19.99 but I see ton's on amazon with larger gains cheaper. Just looking for a good alternative because I can't store my controller in my case with the panel attached and would like something when just flying around normal stock range.

Here is one I saw on amazon.
HUACAM HCM82 2 x 2,4 GHz 8dBi 5GHz 5.8GHz Dual Band WiFi RP-SMA

Thanks in advance

When I'm not going for distance. I use the antennas from a TP-Link router.

Something like this works well:

Amazon.com: Super Power Supply® 2 x 6dBi 2.4GHz 5GHz Dual Band WiFi RP-SMA Antenna for Routers Linksys Cisco E2100L WRT160NL TP-Link TL-WDR3500 TL-WR841ND Amped Wireless SR150 AP300 R300 SR300 300N R10000 R10000G SR10000 SR20000G AP20000G ZyXEL NBG461 NBG4615 WAP3205 D-Link DIR-825 DAP-1360 Omni Directional Network Extension Mini PCIe PCI Cards WAN Repeater: Computers & Accessories

Those 8dbi ones that you are looking at would work also.... but just so you know, they are about a foot long. The ones I linked to are just a smidge longer than factory. I have a set of them here as well.

Ohhh I see. Someone on here said that they ordered those and that you cannot turn them the proper way. As in the flat parts are always facing sideways like that, unlike the factory ones.

Ohhh I see. Someone on here said that they ordered those and that you cannot turn them the proper way. As in the flat parts are always facing sideways like that, unlike the factory ones.
Thanks for looking out. Yeah I trying to stay with the old panel look. But round works too. I'll give the ones you got a try. Thanks

Thanks for looking out. Yeah I trying to stay with the old panel look. But round works too. I'll give the ones you got a try. Thanks

No problem. You'll like them. But if you don't.... the great thing about Amazon is that they will take them right back, no hassles.

I use the Techtoo 7dbi antenna's. Actually get a little better range than I did with stock, but you're right... sometimes it's just a PITA to hook up the DBS for just a "local" hop.

I use the antennas that came with my Sunhans amplifiers. They're about the same length as stock but do seem to work a bit better than the stock ones did.

Reactions: Matts175
How about these guys?

Dunno. Never used them or seen anyone with them. I don't see why not. As long as you realize they are single band and directional.

Of course... why not just use your DBS if you are wanting long range? The ones we were linking too earlier where/are mainly just cheap "slap ons" intended for short distance flights when the DBS isn't required... or around the house when you need to turn your controller on and don't want to burn out your board.

I have a few different kinds I use. I have these. They will turn to face the right way for our controllers.
New Dual Band 5 dBi Antenna 2.4/5G RP-SMA Wi-Fi antenna Alfa D-Link 802.11ac N/G | eBay
I also have a couple different sets of Alfa panel antennas.
like these Alfa 2.4HGz 7dBi Booster SMA Panel High-Gain Screw-On Swivel Antenna | eBay
And these Alfa APA-M25 2.4/5 GHz dual band directional 10 dBi panel antenna for 802.11ac/n | eBay
The Alfa antennas are awesome. Great penetration. Do not get the cheap panel antennas. They are not woth what you pay for them. You can find the Alfas pretty cheap. I have a link where I got mine for about 2/3 of what they sell for on ebay. The M25 Alfas are super. They all fit nicely in the P3 case when removed.

He is asking what he can use when he isn't lugging around his big ITELITE panel.

Reactions: k9time

Dang. Well, at least they give an instant refund as soon as they are scanned in. I love that about Amazon.

Those TECHTOO ones have great reviews, so they should work well for you.

Yeah Love amazon sometimes. :). Mavic just showed up today too, so I got something to play with in the mean time. New antenna said tomorrow. Love amazon again for fast free shipping.

Little over 18000 ft. Think I'll keep them..

Off the Techtoo directional panels you linked to earlier? If so.. that's pretty **** good! I would keep em too. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj