Contract for Photo/Video Work

Reaction score
I'm looking at preparing a somewhat comprehensive Request for Proposal for an entity. Will require stills and video. And post production work. I've got the fees figured out pretty much, but am looking for a template for a photo/video contract. What are the rights and who has them? Scope of work etc I've got a good handle on.

There are plenty to review on the web, but I'm wondering what might be used by the members here.

Thank you.

Oh, and BTW, maybe we need a section for "Business Opportunities for UAVs."

I break the law pretty much every day so I'm certainly not preaching at you from on high, but don't forget that currently in the US ALL commercial use of unmanned aerial vehicles is banned. The FAA has gone after everybody from Amazon to non-profits using drones for search & rescue, to the point where there's currently a whitehouse.com petition going to allow non profit S&R's to use drones in exception to the law.

ANY use of a UAV other than personal, recreational hobby use is technically illegal and the FAA has been going after people for it, although fortunately they've lost a few cases. just be careful with how in the open you are about your commercial use.

assuming you're in the US of course

good luck!

ironically, someone else posted this recent article in the forum within minutes of you:

Kelso Kubat said:
stick to your day job buddy.
we got enough lower baller, novice posers watering down the industry already.
:shock:

per DeNiro...."You talkin' to ME?"

Indeed. The industry needs a good watering. I've already been offered a car review shoot and B roll for a feature film and that was without even trying.

OP, start with whatever boiler plate contract you are most comfortable with, make it subject to negotiation, and then if you're chosen, your prospective client will request changes as they need.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl