Contest to win a new DJI Mavic (ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO!!)

...so, in order to win a profession piece of equipment that records in 4k, I need to (as a professional) submit a professional quality video that will be rejected unless it's recorded in 4k.

I'm not a professional, I would need to be in order to enter this competition. I only have a P3A which records only in 2.7k, so I'm stuffed.

Look, a competition like this only insults those who you deem unworthy of entering, I for one now feel under privileged and inferior.

Also, If I had what it takes to enter this competition, why would I need to win a Mavic? I'd probably already have one or have no need for one.
Thanks for your feedback. I get your point and that was also raised by a few other people on the forum which is why I accepted to consider video productions in 1080p or 2.7K. In the end, the entry ticket is not so much the resolution, but the overall quality of the production. I am looking for the artistry, the beauty, the editing, the camera work, etc. Resolution is a very secondary consideration.

Feel free to submit your productions and I will consider them. Again that doesn't mean they will pass the curating process, but at least you know it won't be rejected outright due to the resolution.

Cheers

Patrice

Not to worry, in the end this is all for good fun. If the winner is from the UK, we will figure out a way to recognize the people appropriately, all within the bounds of regulations.

Cheers

Patrice
can always just give no prize to the winner if they're from the UK, anddddddd on a completely unrelated note, you're sending them a mavic as a gift ;)

Reactions: thebeline
Really thrilled to see our Majestic Thailand production featured today on the home page of www.AirVuz.com

Keep the videos coming. Which one is your favourite so far? See all the submissions made to date that were accepted

Aerial Entertainment Studios

Cheers

Congratulations to our friend Geoffrey Green whose video of Idaho has been selected as our new "Video of the Week" on AES.

Well done man! Your video is now eligible for our contest to win the DJI Mavic Pro.

View his video today on our landing page at www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Or

View his video here

IDAHO

So many videos of the week, and none are mine... :sweat::smirk:

I would like to thank this contest for giving me the impetus to kick my sorry donkey out of bed early the past few weeks and try to get some footage before I plop my buns in front of a computer for 11 straight hours. We'll see what the compilation looks like in 3 weeks when I smoosh it all together, but I fear not living in the tropics, near the mountains, or next to a volcano may betray me. Alas.

That said, still, thanks, and many kudos to the Patrice and Co for providing an outlet that is much larger than a single forum, and being open to feedback and suggestions from the writhing masses.

That's a popular myth but not true.
The CAA is concerned with aviation safety and commercial flying.
They couldn't care less if you want to share the photos and video you've made on Facebook or Youtube.

You say that, and maybe that is true, but in the US, they go to pretty good lengths to classify exactly who a commercial pilot is, and it amounts to "any pilot that produces footage from an aerial platform that results in a commercial benefit" where "benefit" is then described as either profit or in-kind, be it monetary sale, advertisement, or trade, that benefits any commercial entity, be it the pilot or other. Basicaly, if any entity in the commercial sector benefits from the footage, the pilot, as a result, was operating in a commercial capacity.

Those aren't actual quotes from the laws, I am lazy right now, but that is the end result. Now, the CAA may be different, but here in the US, it's loopholes like that that lead to stealing your first born, or having an NSA agent camp out in your basement. ER MER GERD WER DERD MER RERGHTS GER!!!??!

If you re-read the thread it clearly states that on this occasion the rules have been changed. Also I use up scaling firmware like wonder share filmora which upscaled my P3A videos into 4K so it can be done

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't upscale, c'mon... 4K isn't a game of numbers to win, it is a resolution and sharpness thing. Don't play that game. Up-scaling is... ack. The resolution change can actually result in lower-quality footage. Figure, you up-scale from 1080p to 4k using bi-cubic sampling to fill in the lines, then, on display on a lower-resolution screen, you have to perform that same sampling again to display back at 2.7k or 1080p. You have two steps of loss. ALSO, YouTube will be forced to re-encode the footage for smaller display formats, which means that the large number of your viewers will never see the 4k footage.

Displays will have their own re-sampling built in to display 1080p footage at 4k, let the display take care of it, that way, other viewers will actually get the chance to see the non-scaled footage at the resolution it should be played at.

If you actually think an upscaler makes any difference, I ask you this: If it is magic on 2.7 or 1080p footage, why can't we just use one of 480 footage and call it good? You can't make resolution where there wasn't any, the only trick an upscaler may employ is selective sharpening, and inter-frame sampling to fudge the extra lines, but even so, just leave it at it's native resolution, you will get a better encode and at it's actual resolutions it will be sharper. It may be a smidge sharper at 4k than if it were up-scaled on the fly, but it's not worth it...

You say that, and maybe that is true, but in the US, they go to pretty good lengths to classify exactly who a commercial pilot is, and it amounts to "any pilot that produces footage from an aerial platform that results in a commercial benefit" where "benefit" is then described as either profit or in-kind, be it monetary sale, advertisement, or trade, that benefits any commercial entity, be it the pilot or other. Basicaly, if any entity in the commercial sector benefits from the footage, the pilot, as a result, was operating in a commercial capacity.
And the same goes for the FAA ... they are not the photo police.
They are there to ensure that aviation is safe.
Entering or not entering a photo you shot in a photo contest will have no effect on aviation safety.
I can't think of any examples so far of the FAA acting against unlicensed flyers simply selling photos when there are thousands of them doing it.
The FAA will not care at all if you enter a photo contest.

Did I win?:)
The winner will be determined only in the first week of December. People have until the end of November to submit their videos.

Your video did make it to the site which is already a victory in itself :)

Cheers

Patrice

It took a little work but I did mange to get a few up Lol
Well done, I had trouble categorising them however. Not sure what I was looking at. Better if you add a description because without a title, description or tags, the video will never appear in any search results and as a result will never be sold (100% guarantee). Keep that in mind for future submissions, much better to add details.
Cheers.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Well done, I had trouble categorising them however. Not sure what I was looking at. Better if you add a description because without a title, description or tags, the video will never appear in any search results and as a result will never be sold (100% guarantee). Keep that in mind for future submissions, much better to add details.
Cheers.

I was going to go back and edit the descriptions etc... after I had uploaded the video. I can't figure out for the life of me how to edit them now. Nothing in my Dashboard takes me to editing things like descriptions for price

I was going to go back and edit the descriptions etc... after I had uploaded the video. I can't figure out for the life of me how to edit them now. Nothing in my Dashboard takes me to editing things like descriptions for price
If you are on a mobile device, you are right it will be difficult to do this. However, on a laptop/desktop, all you need to do is hover over the image of your clip in the dashboard, and click on the little edit icon that appears when you hover over the image. This will open up the edit page.
Cheers
Patrice

I know I wont win... But what the heck... I will add this as my last ever attempt

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app
Unfortunately, this one wouldn't make the cut :) Nice try though.

You seem to love this song to death. Appears on every single video :)

Cheers

Patrice

Reactions: Neon Euc
I must be doing something wrong. I tried creating a seller account. When I click on the link from the resulting email to verify my email account; I'm taken to a "customer login" page. When I try logging in there; a message comes up: "Warning: Your account requires approval before you can login." I get the same message when trying to login through the website directly.

I must be doing something wrong. I tried creating a seller account. When I click on the link from the resulting email to verify my email account; I'm taken to a "customer login" page. When I try logging in there; a message comes up: "Warning: Your account requires approval before you can login." I get the same message when trying to login through the website directly.
Hi there, I just unlocked your account. Not sure what happened but you should be good to go now. Cheers. Patrice

Reactions: skyeboysteve
ONLY 10 days left people !!!

It's now or never. Here is your chance to win a DJI Mavic Pro. The best video of the month will be awarded with the prize.

3 judges are on the panel.

1- Patrice Gaucher : Myself, CEO of Aerial Entertainment Studios
2- Ronny Brouwers: CEO of DroneHeroes
3- Christian Cuvelier: CEO of LiveClick in Reunion Island.

May the best person win!

Reactions: FASTFJR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav