Contest to win a new DJI Mavic (ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO!!)

A small part of me feels bad for making you back on your content standards, but I think that it is a good move. Especially considering that the contest is for a Mavic, and it would stand to reason that you would want to put a 4K sensor in the hands of someone you thought worthy of it. Considering it would add one more person to the pool of content creators you would work with. Smart.

I still, however, can not upload via YouTube. What are my other options for submitting? May I submit via SFTP?
This is very strange. No one else is reporting any issues with YouTube, other than the fact that only the last 10 videos are visible. My IT guys are working on this issue to fix it, but it will take some time.

Your issue is something different altogether as you cannot even see the content of your account. This is very strange. Works perfectly for me on my end so I am really not sure how to address your situation.

Any chance you could PM me and send me some screenshots of the process so I can check what is going on?

Feel free to reach to me on Facebook under Patrice Gaucher or our corporate account. It is often faster to communicate that way.

Cheers

Some good submissions came in today, this one is pretty impressive and in line with the type of footage we showcase.

Who can do better?

Drone Under ShowReel 2015.

Cheers

Patrice

Some good submissions came in today, this one is pretty impressive and in line with the type of footage we showcase.

Who can do better?

Drone Under ShowReel 2015.

Cheers

Patrice

Hi I uploaded 3 vids but cant see if they have gone through or not as no indication.
kind regards
Neon
Screenshot (179).png

Hi I uploaded 3 vids but cant see if they have gone through or not as no indication.
kind regards
Neon
View attachment 67523
Hi there, if your videos were submitted and not yet reviewed, they will appear in the 'Pending' tab just to the right. If they are approved, then they will fall in the 'Approved' section as you have there. If they are not approved, they will fall under the 'Rejected Tab'.

This allows you to get a better sense of the standards we impose and allow you to keep in mind when submitting future work.

If your videos are productions coming from YouTube or Vimeo, they will fall under the 'Video Productions' category below.

Let me know if you have anything else.

Cheers

Patrice

Reactions: Neon Euc
We got about 60 submissions today. Thank you to people of this forum who were good contributors.

Have a look at our most recent artist coming from Reunion Island. He has some spectacular volcano shots you can see on his artist page.

Artist Info

Keep em coming people !

Cheers

Patrice

Lol well all 3 of mine got rejected and my latest one won't be able to compete against the volcano video so I'm out. Lol but good luck tho for everyone else [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

C
Geez people, if you don't want to enter, then don't, but don't just trash the competition or the company, based on "your" opinion of what 'you think the contest is or is not" WTF.

Lol well all 3 of mine got rejected and my latest one won't be able to compete against the volcano video so I'm out. Lol but good luck tho for everyone else [emoji2][emoji2]

Not to worry, the creator of the volcano sequences is actually one of the judges for the contest, not an actual participant. Don't base yourself of those shots to determine whether or not to enter the competition.

I'm just sharing here so you can get a better sense of the type and quality footage we focus on.

Cheers everyone.

Patrice

Yay. I will give that a shot but I can't help but a few clips get the arm of the blades in shot. I will try and crop it out if possible tho

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the video probably will be rejected even if the blades are removed. It's not that everything is bad, it's just that the footage itself just doesn't fit with our mission statement of showcasing the beauty of the planet. Feel free to submit new content or a 'best of' video of a few different locations.

Cheers

Patrice

I just wanted to chime back in here, a few days in to the contest, and my mild rants of earlier have changed a bit.

First, I discovered why my videos from YouTube were not showing up: your videos must be public, so there is that.

I still have some reservations about the technical aspects of the video submission, et al. But after speaking with Patrice a bit, and understanding a bit more the whole picture of AES and the contest, I'd like to apologize about giving you guys such a hard time. I still think that for a contest, the guidelines and constraints are a bit fierce (your footage essentially must be submitted for distribution), but that is not my call to make, and within the scope of those guidelines, everything else is above board. I was just being a bit a whining brat, is all... Hey, self awareness... ;-)

It's a contest, of course there are going to be guidelines, its just that the underlying guidelines of stock and resale, for some of us newbs, eh, I got a bit bum hurt.

Its actually a brilliant business move, and you don't actually have to sell your work, so you don't have to really commit. It's all good.

Some tips for people interested in entering:

1. The footage MUST be edited, first and foremost. Simply transitioning raw recordings together will not make the cut. You really should be slicing a bunch of footage apart, and picking just the best bits.
2. Try not to include move changes, including speed and direction adjustments (note, not just "changes" but adjustments, you want the footage to be as smooth as possible).
3. If you aren't paying attention to your exposure settings, you are probably missing something.
4. ALSO, if you don't re-do shots (perform a movement, reset, and perform it again) you are probably not capturing the quality required to be approved/win.
5. As for subjects, as broad as possible. Judging by current content, they are really looking more for atmospherics. If you have subjects in your shot, they should be part of a greater whole. A soccer game, as whole, would not be appropriate. Rock climbers? Maybe if the primary subject is the mountain, sure. A motorboat? If the primary subject is a particular coast or the sea, yes. A soccer game would fit if the broad subject was a town (note, not a school). BIG subjects, details are good, but big and broad subjects I think are going to fit their kind of theme. Although, with their clientele, a Hotel would probably fit as a broad subject.
6. Do yourself a favor and just avoid the slop. If the craft comes in to the picture anywhere, just cut that footage out. Masking the slop out is far more effort than it is worth, unless it really is the money maker shot (that's why you move, reset, move).

Yeah, those are just the pointers I am keeping in mind as I prepare. They may not be the end all be all, but I thought I would throw some pointers in to see if I could help other fresh blood like myself. If anyone has more, let us know.

Also, Patrice, were would we see the accepted entries? Are they on the site?

Hey... What happened to my details? Went to log in and it says I don't exist!!!

You should be able to login just fine. On a few pages, the site is by mistake redirecting to our demo server that was used for testing purposes. If you see aes.encoreplus.co in the URL bar, then you are on the demo server. Of course on that server your account won't exits which is why you are getting this message.

Make sure you are on the correct server www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

My IT guys are aware of the issue and will be making the fixes during this week.

Cheers
Patrice

You should be able to login just fine. On a few pages, the site is by mistake redirecting to our demo server that was used for testing purposes. If you see aes.encoreplus.co in the URL bar, then you are on the demo server. Of course on that server your account won't exits which is why you are getting this message.

Make sure you are on the correct server www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

My IT guys are aware of the issue and will be making the fixes during this week.

Cheers
Patrice
Thank you so much for replying. I will send the link :)

Your photo uploading for approval was stuck on loading, so I wasn't able to send add anything for photography on your site.

Your photo uploading for approval was stuck on loading, so I wasn't able to send add anything for photography on your site.
My IT people are working on the site as we speak so there may be some instability with the site. I suspect this will continue for at least a week or two until all the bugs are ironed out. User feedback is really critical and I do appreciate the feedback everyone is providing.

If you want to send me the pic for testing purposes, please do and I can check if the upload issue is the same from my end.

Cheers

Patrice

WRT Artist Pages: How do we activate ours? Also: Display dimensions on the Company Logo and Profile Picture? I have a goofy one up now, but wondering what steps I should make moving forward.

Also WRT videos: Just Video Productions enter you for the contest, correct? But we can upload Stock Segments as well. Stock segments being a single uncut clip of a scene.

And finally, WRT watermarks: I take it that the footage displayed is not the actual purchased footage, so we are welcome to add watermarks in the lower corner of our footage for site display?

WRT Artist Pages: How do we activate ours? Also: Display dimensions on the Company Logo and Profile Picture? I have a goofy one up now, but wondering what steps I should make moving forward.

Also WRT videos: Just Video Productions enter you for the contest, correct? But we can upload Stock Segments as well. Stock segments being a single uncut clip of a scene.

And finally, WRT watermarks: I take it that the footage displayed is not the actual purchased footage, so we are welcome to add watermarks in the lower corner of our footage for site display?
For the contest, only the Video Productions category will count. However, you are more than welcome to submit stock segments for approval. No watermarking on stock segments. For approval, you need to submit 720p files which have virtually nu use from a commercial aspect so risks of having this stolen for commercial reasons is close to 0. The full resolution files are uploaded to our server only after clips are approved.

Those 4K files remain on our server until someone purchases them and downloads.

Yes, stock segments are single shots. I highly recommend grading your footage as well so it stands out a lot more.

For the artists pages, I unlock them once a person has at least 50 active products on the site. The page serves as a sort of portfolio for artists.

Cheers

Patrice

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj