P3 Firmware Constant crash when trying to update Phantom 3 Advance controller

Reaction score
Good morning. Since yesterday I have a Phantom 3 Advance which worked perfectly but since I am a **** busybody I decided to update it. It turned out that everything was up-to-date but I stubbornly reset the remote and I can't get it to update properly.

It is assumed that with the app you can update without problems and while installing the firmware an intermittent beep sounds that lasts always the same, the spaces it makes are the same and the blue light turns on, because at the time of installation the beeps and the blue light but sometimes two beeps sound very close together or a space of time too long and the light turns red and then turns blue again, the mobile screen sometimes turns off, sometimes not ... the question is that when it ends It says that it is OK but it is not because yesterday after installing the update I tried it and it had not risen or 30cm from the ground, it went to one side by itself, thankfully I could lower it before it crashed, and something else happens is that instead of accelerating to get up I have to push the two controls forward. Since yesterday, he has opened it, tried 10 or 12 times ...

What I do is:

-I connect the remote to the mobile
-Unlock the screen
-I turn on the remote and the Diji Go opens, sometimes it goes directly to the Phantom and other times I have to choose it myself
-I get the status screen where it says to update
-Download the firmware
-I give it to install

I have tried to download the firm by wifi, data and even abroad in case there was some kind of interference in the command.

Let's see if someone can help me because having the thing since yesterday and not being able to enjoy it is a mess :(

Thank you very much.

Today I have been able to do tests with the firmware that gave an error and everything works perfectly except the take-off that instead of doing with a single stick I have to do it by pushing both forward.

I also noticed that it tells me that the update is 1.9.3 but when installed it says 1.9.2, after giving the error and saying that it is supposedly updated it is still 1.9.2.

I forgot to mention that I have the HDMI module installed in the control, maybe its usb port is not ready for an update. Tomorrow I will try the original module.

I forgot to mention that I have the HDMI module installed in the control, maybe its usb port is not ready for an update. Tomorrow I will try the original module.

Yeah, it is likely that HDMI module is the issue. There's a known problem with its DaVinci processor - you'll find repair tutorials on the forum.

I have tried with the HDMI module and with the original module, both have given me the same problem.
I'm going to look for that HDMI module tutorial because it's interesting.

Thank you very much.

I have tried with the HDMI module and with the original module, both have given me the same problem.

Well, to fix the issue, you need to figure out which module isn't working. You should be able to check that in FW upgrade logs.

I'm going to look for that HDMI module tutorial because it's interesting.

I made a tutorial on that as well - though about GL300a, which even without HDMI module has all the same chips, only the actual HDMI output does not exist. That was due to some design issue, which was resolved in GL300b and the DaVinci was removed.

Well, to fix the issue, you need to figure out which module isn't working. You should be able to check that in FW upgrade logs.

I have the same problem with both modules and I can't look at the log because the update is done through the DJI Go.

I have not been able to find the tutorial that you were telling me, surely it is a problem of poor search when using a translator, but it is annoying, would a direct link to the post be possible?

Thank you very much

Here is the "main page" for my fix tutorials:

The GL300 fix is hidden in "DaVinci diagnosis" spoiler field.

Some upgrade logs are stored on a mobile device, though you'd probably have to search for them. There is one path on the diagram within my fix guide, though it probably changes between devices, plus I never looked into that in detail - maybe there are more logs.

Reactions: Vidor
Here is the "main page" for my fix tutorials:

The GL300 fix is hidden in "DaVinci diagnosis" spoiler field.

Some upgrade logs are stored on a mobile device, though you'd probably have to search for them. There is one path on the diagram within my fix guide, though it probably changes between devices, plus I never looked into that in detail - maybe there are more logs.

Thank you, people like you are worth your weight in gold

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers