Considering an Advanced. A couple of quick questions

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Standard with a crashed gimbal. I fixed all that and everything seems fine. I let my Son buy me out of it so to speak. We're supposed to be kinda partners on it,(using my ipad mini 2) but I all ready don't like that idea,,,lol. Mainly for liability reasons.

So a friend has a crashed Advanced. It needs the new gimbal kit with ribbon. So I feel confident I can do the repair. Would this unit be worth messing with. I can get it for $250, then put about $50 in repairing it. Seems like a cheap way to get into an Advanced. So is it worth it in your opinions?

On the Advanced rc I know it has the tablet holder, but the arm is plastic. I think there is some kind of fix for it being loose. IDK. But I do have the a Inspire 1 holder on the way that I was going to put on the Standard's radio. Could I just put that on the Adv radio, or can I send it back.

See
I recently purchased a Standard with a crashed gimbal. I fixed all that and everything seems fine. I let my Son buy me out of it so to speak. We're supposed to be kinda partners on it,(using my ipad mini 2) but I all ready don't like that idea,,,lol. Mainly for liability reasons.

So a friend has a crashed Advanced. It needs the new gimbal kit with ribbon. So I feel confident I can do the repair. Would this unit be worth messing with. I can get it for $250, then put about $50 in repairing it. Seems like a cheap way to get into an Advanced. So is it worth it in your opinions?

On the Advanced rc I know it has the tablet holder, but the arm is plastic. I think there is some kind of fix for it being loose. IDK. But I do have the a Inspire 1 holder on the way that I was going to put on the Standard's radio. Could I just put that on the Adv radio, or can I send it back.
Well, IT seems like a good deal to me, provided that is all the damage the AC has received.
Yep, the Inspire holder will fit the Advanced RC.

The arm holder on the advanced controller is a lot more stronger then the standard. And you can also buy a metal reinforced one for about £5 on aliexpress

See

Well, IT seems like a good deal to me, provided that is all the damage the AC has received.
Yep, the Inspire holder will fit the Advanced RC.

So is there anything wrong with the adv holder that it needs repaired. If not I can send back the Inspire holder and get my $30 back,,,,lol.

Here is the Inspire 1 holder. Is it an improvement over the stock Advanced holder?

Amazon.com: DJI Inspire 1 Part 45 iPad Mobile Device Holder: Computers & Accessories
Yes, the inspire holder is better. The P3A / P3P stock holder mounts to the RC with plastic as you know and it tends to be wobbly. The inspire holder mounts with metal and is more stable. You really only need that metal mounting arm to get the stability.

HOW TO: Fix unstable Phantom 3 remote controller tablet mount

It needs the new gimbal kit with ribbon.
I suggest getting only an OEM ribbon. We have seen so many people have issues with aftermarket ribbons.

Reactions: Numone
I suggest getting only an OEM ribbon. We have seen so many people have issues with aftermarket ribbons.

Can I get the parts from DJI. Or can you suggest some vendors that sell oem stuff.

Can I get the parts from DJI. Or can you suggest some vendors that sell oem stuff.

The only dealer I've dealt with for DJI parts is Drone Nerds in south Florida. They have a huge repair center (I think they're an authorized DJI repair point, but not sure). My last crash sent me their way - all the parts they sold me (about $50 worth) were genuine DJI products.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Before anyone can give you that advice, perhaps you should give us a clue as to where you are in the world, as the $ is used in many countries....

I'm in mid-west part of the USA!!

The only dealer I've dealt with for DJI parts is Drone Nerds in south Florida. They have a huge repair center (I think they're an authorized DJI repair point, but not sure). My last crash sent me their way - all the parts they sold me (about $50 worth) were genuine DJI products.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

I was able to find the ribbon straight from dji. And they were the cheapest place. Imagine that.

But I didn't see the gimbal arms. Not sure if dji even makes those individually do they?

Was you able to get dji arms? I'll check out out the nerds,,,lol. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl