Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

Honestly when I first purchased through them I had emailed them a few time and every single time they went above and beyond, I was really happy with the product but it was their exceptional customer service which made me want to post my experience and review with them. I felt that these guys should be recognised for it because it's not seem as much these days, plus I had already made a purchase with them so they already had my money they could have just ignored me and dealt with potential new customers. But they still answered any questions I had.

It's one thing to offer a great product but to back it up with great customer experience and support it's what people will remember about the company. I'm glad that others are posting their experiences with dealing with them too because at first when I posted this on here not much people had any information regarding these and now others are starting to share the same great experiences that I had which is why I felt the need to share it with everyone here
Agreed! Word of mouth is the most powerful thing these awesome companies have without spending tons of money on advertising!

You got it! I will definitely be using the video the entire way through. Luckily I'm always working on laptops and things so I have a full range of torx screw drivers. What's even more awesome is I emailed support regarding finding a charger that's USB capable and he emailed me back within 5 minutes....On Easter Sunday. Incredible support. He's going to send me a link for the proper cabling. Awesome to have this kind of support!

That's great man!!
Like I said these guys will go above and beyond to answer and help out in any way, it feels good knowing if you have a question you could shoot them an email or call and they will do the best to help,

So do they have a USB charger that they stock? Or did they give you information on where you could get it?

That's great man!!
Like I said these guys will go above and beyond to answer and help out in any way, it feels good knowing if you have a question you could shoot them an email or call and they will do the best to help,

So do they have a USB charger that they stock? Or did they give you information on where you could get it?
He is going to send me a link to the proper size and part on Amazon or another site like it. Works just fine for me!

Agreed! Word of mouth is the most powerful thing these awesome companies have without spending tons of money on advertising!

Definitely 100% agree and I felt that I owed it to them for delivering such a great experience. that I'd go out and put it out there to share my experience and they would be cheering, just keep offering the great service they do and these things will sell themselves through word of mouth... I got the product when it was still newly released, I initially saw a well known admin on Facebook post his review in which he gave it great feedback. But I wanted others opinion and I had to dig pretty deep to find others since it was relatively new. But everyone spoke highly or the product and the service and always said positive stuff which then sold me on it and what a great choice

He is going to send me a link to the proper size and part on Amazon or another site like it. Works just fine for me!

Perfect, then you can decide what your best option is, it shows how they value customers.

Really he could have said yeah I'll get it for you, slap a price on it and then sell it to you, instead he shows you the source on where he would have gone to get it without he himself getting anything in return [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] I'm glad they are looking after everyone, i would've been sad if I had said all this good stuff and people posted other experiences, I can't wait to hear how you all go with the install and how it performs for each of you

Cannot wait to do the install and see the results!

Me too, I think I'm more excited then you guys!!

Make sure to keep us all here updated, let us know how you went and post the pics, the whole way from the modding to the testing! I'll be looking forward to it

Me too, I think I'm more excited then you guys!!

Make sure to keep us all here updated, let us know how you went and post the pics, the whole way from the modding to the testing! I'll be looking forward to it
How directional is the antenna in comparison to the stock antennas? Have you noticed it dropping if not pointing directly toward drone?

How directional is the antenna in comparison to the stock antennas? Have you noticed it dropping if not pointing directly toward drone?

It is directional, but not to the extent if your a little off it will drop out.

I haven't had issues where it drops out when I move it around but that doesn't mean it cant or won't. I think that they have designed it so it gives a broader beam, I remember reading something regarding the signal it transmits I'll see if I can find it, but that was what initially turned me away from the fpvlr was I heard that u can sneeze and bang signal is gone where this maintains signal a lot better, that's what I heard though I have never tested the fpvlr myself

The answer to your question is yes it's directional all range extenders are but not where you have to scope out and point exactly at the phantom, I would say you pretty much fly as you would normally once your hitting max distance then try and aim it to push you out that little further i personally haven't had issues or made much of notice in the directional beam

It is directional, but not to the extent if your a little off it will drop out.

I haven't had issues where it drops out when I move it around but that doesn't mean it cant or won't. I think that they have designed it so it gives a broader beam, I remember reading something regarding the signal it transmits I'll see if I can find it, but that was what initially turned me away from the fpvlr was I heard that u can sneeze and bang signal is gone where this maintains signal a lot better, that's what I heard though I have never tested the fpvlr myself

The answer to your question is yes it's directional all range extenders are but not where you have to scope out and point exactly at the phantom, I would say you pretty much fly as you would normally once your hitting max distance then try and aim it to push you out that little further i personally haven't had issues or made much of notice in the directional beam
The whip antennas are Omnidirectional like the stock ones though correct? Also, considering they have a different antenna for the P4 and P4P is there a chance the one I'm getting for the P4P is dual band? I would love if it was and I would think that if they have a different antenna for the P4P it has to be a little different than the P4 antenna or else it would be the same antenna am I right?

The whip antennas are Omnidirectional like the stock ones though correct? Also, considering they have a different antenna for the P4 and P4P is there a chance the one I'm getting for the P4P is dual band? I would love if it was and I would think that if they have a different antenna for the P4P it has to be a little different than the P4 antenna or else it would be the same antenna am I right?

So you might be cheering and possibly they have just realised a p4p one with dual frequency because I was just looking at the site and the one I have doesn't list the p4p as compatible but it is only using 2.4ghz but if your saying the have one listed as compatible with p4p chance are they might have recently released it, might be an idea to email them and ask, even if you have to wait a couple more days it'll prob be worth or you could do the install with what u received and ask them if you can swap over the unit itself only which I'm sure they would let you do provided that they do have a duel frequently one out, if the don't I'm sure it will be out soon and they are working on it... also the whips are great, yes Omni directional and they work better then stock antennas, I wouldn't be thinking or worrying to much about the conquer and the direction you will need to point as I don't think it will be much of an issue, I have sat down and flown without having pointed the controller towards the phantom and still got great results, prob over max distances it might matter more but I didn't really have this issue,

Looking at the site they post the specs and it says it - has 34 degree width directional antennas
I don't know for sure as I'm not to familiar with what it means but I'm assuming it helps with the transmission signal direction flow- correct me if I'm wrong

While I'm discussing the specs, they were also better then most units on the market I remember doing some comparisons months ago and these came out on top but i didn't really know the mechanics behind these specs so it didn't influence my decision to much and at that time I had already made up my mind

100d1e8e19d563aac13ca66c6d0d75ee.jpg

So you might be cheering and possibly they have just realised a p4p one with dual frequency because I was just looking at the site and the one I have doesn't list the p4p as compatible but it is only using 2.4ghz but if your saying the have one listed as compatible with p4p chance are they might have recently released it, might be an idea to email them and ask, even if you have to wait a couple more days it'll prob be worth or you could do the install with what u received and ask them if you can swap over the unit itself only which I'm sure they would let you do provided that they do have a duel frequently one out, if the don't I'm sure it will be out soon and they are working on it... also the whips are great, yes Omni directional and they work better then stock antennas, I wouldn't be thinking or worrying to much about the conquer and the direction you will need to point as I don't think it will be much of an issue, I have sat down and flown without having pointed the controller towards the phantom and still got great results, prob over max distances it might matter more but I didn't really have this issue,

Looking at the site they post the specs and it says it - has 34 degree width directional antennas
I don't know for sure as I'm not to familiar with what it means but I'm assuming it helps with the transmission signal direction flow- correct me if I'm wrong

While I'm discussing the specs, they were also better then most units on the market I remember doing some comparisons months ago and these came out on top but i didn't really know the mechanics behind these specs so it didn't influence my decision to much and at that time I had already made up my mind

100d1e8e19d563aac13ca66c6d0d75ee.jpg
When I purchased mine the options for antennas looked just like this screenshot. There is obviously a different antenna that they offer between the P4 and P4P. My purchase clearly shows the p4p antenna on the receipt. What else could be the difference?
aa3e06a7e606738eba75f943470aabc0.jpg

When I purchased mine the options for antennas looked just like this screenshot. There is obviously a different antenna that they offer between the P4 and P4P. My purchase clearly shows the p4p antenna on the receipt. What else could be the difference?

Ah ok I see what you mean, I did have that option also see below my copy paste from the invoice email

Conquer Antenna System
SKU: #9990
Aircraft Type?: Phantom 4 Pro (not Plus version), I understand that a controller modification is required to use this product.: Yes, I understand that all parts for a DIY controller mod is included. I also take full responsibility for the outcome of a DIY controller mod. I acknowledge that it is highly recommended that Titan Drones performs the controller mod.: Yes

I don't know the full reason behind it but you could be right in one way that possibly they provide different internal wiring and possibly it might be compatible to a duel channel model in the future, it could also be to gather data on what products these are being used for

When I spoke to them last which was a long time ago, they told me that the mounting bracket on the controller will be compatible with their future releases which I thought was great as I didn't feel like doing the mod again, I've done it the once and now I won't need to again. I might actually send them an email regarding if they are working on a duel band, but tbh 2.4 works awesome with this as it does provide better penetration anyway so in clustered areas even 2.4 is still giving great signal strength, really it would be handy to have duel frequencies but if it's working great only on 2.4ghz then their really isn't a need for 5.8ghz. Still it would be great to have but it works great without

So, @Cody8771, you are buying this for the P4P without having first tried the Auto 5.8Ghz FCC setting in the U.S.? Auto 5.8Ghz on FCC already delivers 4+ miles. Unless you also have a battery mod for the P4P ($250), any additional potential hypothetical range beyond the stock 4.3 miles will be wasted. This mod is designed for the P4 worldwide, and the P4P in CE countries only. If you are in the U.S., flying a P4P, you will get no benefit from it, unless you already have a P4P battery mod, and the benefit beyond 7km has yet to be established.:cool:

So, @Cody8771, you are buying this for the P4P without having first tried the Auto 5.8Ghz FCC setting in the U.S.? Auto 5.8Ghz on FCC already delivers 4+ miles. Unless you also have a battery mod for the P4P ($250), any additional potential hypothetical range beyond the stock 4.3 miles will be wasted. This mod is designed for the P4 worldwide, and the P4P in CE countries only. If you are in the U.S., flying a P4P, you will get no benefit from it, unless you already have a P4P battery mod, and the benefit beyond 7km has yet to be established.:

I think someone on this forum posted a 10km+ result but I'd need to look around see if I can find it, but either way he should be cracking that distance no worries. I'd like to see what kind of results are coming from people with FCC transmission which should be coming soon once these guys get their stuff and put them to the test. Personally I'm excited to see/hear their opinions once they get to them, I dare say you too would be interested in their results Gadgetguy because it might blow the other results away

Also I came across this today when I was looking at their site, which indicates that they did try other top branded range extenders before they released their own, I know every company is gonna say their products perform better but I actually believe they done this research

A copy paste from titan drones site:

Now remember we had tried every range extender out there at this time. I wont bash the competition as their products generally speaking do work. We simply wanted to make our products better especially with the looks and the bulkiness. Everything out there at that time mounted to the remote controller, required drilling your remote controller, and had exposed batteries and cables. They were definitely enough to scare the neighbors, so to speak, if they happen to see you using the RC. Actually, at first we were going to "better" the other guys' products by making better housings and using tooled parts as opposed to 3d printed parts. We even ordered some antennas from one of those other guys to retrofit them into our newly designed bracket but decided we did a good job at concealing the components but only added to the weight. So we scrapped these plans and I began to sketch a new idea.

There is more from the start of that copy/paste and at the end I just thought that part in particular was great information

I fully support your investigation into this product. However, any range beyond the proven stock P4P range of 4.3 miles in heavily urban areas in the U.S. on the Auto 5.8Ghz HD setting will require a battery mod to the P4P to get the benefit of any such additional range. Absent the battery mod, a 4.3 mile range will be sufficient to overcome close range interference that P4P owners are having trouble with, only because of a lack of information on how to get the best range with the completely stock P4P in the U.S.. Owning two P4's and three P3P's, which have all been battery modded, and used with both FPVLR and DBS-02 transmitter mods, I cannot sing enough praises for the P4P here in the U.S.! All antenna and battery mods are a PIA! The extra weight and hassle were only tolerated, up until the P4P, because there existed no other practical alternative. That has all now changed with the P4P, which actually delivers real world 4+ mile range and 24-25 minute flight time without any mods! It's a game changer, especially when you also factor in the 1" sensor in the camera! So, my advice is max out your true capabilities of the P4P stock first, before going down a path, from which your returns will likely be marginal in the U.S. under FCC range, especially given most P4P owners' true needs! :cool:

I fully support your investigation into this product. However, any range beyond the proven stock P4P range of 4.3 miles in heavily urban areas in the U.S. on the Auto 5.8Ghz HD setting will require a battery mod to the P4P to get the benefit of any such additional range. Absent the battery mod, a 4.3 mile range will be sufficient to overcome close range interference that P4P owners are having trouble with, only because of a lack of information on how to get the best range with the completely stock P4P in the U.S.. Owning two P4's and three P3P's, which have all been battery modded, and used with both FPVLR and DBS-02 transmitter mods, I cannot sing enough praises for the P4P here in the U.S.! All antenna and battery mods are a PIA! The extra weight and hassle were only tolerated because there existed no other practical alternative. That has all now changed with the P4P, which actually delivers real world 4+ mile range and 24-25 minute flight time without any mods! It's a game changer, especially when you also factor in the 1" sensor in the camera! So, my advice is max out your true capabilities of the P4P stock first, before going down a path, from which your returns will likely be marginal, especially given most P4P owners' true needs! :cool:

It's definitely a valid point you raise, since really, all your trying to do is save someone spending money and doing a modification when as you say they could achieve these without mods, but achieving maximum range might only be icing on the cake and possibly they might be doing so for other reasons each to their own, now I will give you this, had you told me of the way you claim to be getting max range from stock (and I do honestly believe you) I would have definitely given it a shot and tested it out - at the very least. But I still think I would have still went down this road due to what kind of product the conquer is and offers

On a side note, have you done the channel mod giving you the 32 channels? I'm thinking of possibly doing it. Also does the channel range increase for 5.8ghz? Can you shed some light and possibly a link on how it's done?

It's definitely a valid point you raise, since really, all your trying to do is save someone spending money and doing a modification when as you say they could achieve these without mods, but achieving maximum range might only be icing on the cake and possibly they might be doing so for other reasons each to their own, now I will give you this, had you told me of the way you claim to be getting max range from stock (and I do honestly believe you) I would have definitely given it a shot and tested it out - at the very least. But I still think I would have still went down this road due to what kind of product the conquer is and offers

On a side note, have you done the channel mod giving you the 32 channels? I'm thinking of possibly doing it. Also does the channel range increase for 5.8ghz? Can you shed some light and possibly a link on how it's done?
We have already established that for you, and anyone else under CE range, that the mod will regain them stock FCC range, and makes sense.

The channel mod does not increase range, per se. What is does is allow you to use a manual 2.4Ghz channel that is not among the Auto 2.4Ghz channels, and therefore may have less interference on it, allowing you to maintain a good control signal over a longer distance. It would only be of benefit in a hightly congested 2.4Ghz area. In the middle of nowhere, it would make no difference. However, that is the beauty of Auto 5.8Ghz! It is far less used, and has far less interference because the range of 5.8Ghz in other devices is so limited. You cannot select a manual 5.8Ghz channel. The channel hack only works on 2.4Ghz, and I have been told it no longer works on newer firmware on the latest GO 4, but I cannot confirm that. I have it aleady installed from the first GO 4 app, and it is still working for me, but I no longer use it with the P4P.

Didn't you get your commission check? ;):p:cool:

Man I should have shares in the company!

I wish I was getting a commission I'd be killing it!

Lol but it's not gonna be as big as the cheque your gonna get from these guys selling the windsurfers hahaha

But in all seriousness these guys with the product they offer and the service they provide do deserve the recognition and I will stand by that! If they didn't provide me with such a great experience and product then I can assure you this thread would have never been made.

it's now up to these new guys who are getting it to share their experiences and reviews because I'm old news and these guys will be the ones who speading their experience

Also Gadgetguy

Did you see my post earlier regarding product reviews? I think you and I should consider potentially think of creating a review section possibly in this forum then posting reviews on products, maybe we can find some companies who would send us items for reviews and we could post our results. Also have both of us maybe a third person to give their feedback and review which would give other people who might be interested in that product an indication on what to expect? I think it would be a great idea but it's probably easier said than done right?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guudguy39