Confusing dji article

Now this has been posted Upcoming DJI Go 4 update

I read that earlier. It mentions, specifically, international customers, but it's not clear what that means. I also wonder if this is related to a previously reported initiative by DJI to effectively ground drones in conflict areas where they are being used as terrorist weapons.

Reactions: RémyHeli
That article was posted on Facebook and was the initial cause for my thread here.

The screen shot on page one I posted from Brendan is his answer to questions from that very Facebook post. If he is telling the truth than once youve logged back in there should be no restrictions and no problems.

He was actually pissed about this article from suas and said they should have contacted dji prior to writing it.

IMG_0908.PNG

DJI is not clear as to what's going to be restricted with these new changes in place. If you don't want to be affected by the changes, then make sure you're running everything in a bubble (i.e. don't connect to the Internet, don't update DJI GO, don't update the firmware). Running in a bubble is not really practical though. Whatever DJI is cooking up will most likely be applied to anything you buy from them in the future.
HI yes confused on this one,,I have djigo4 and litchi one same tablet,,,gives me option which app to use on start up,,,shall I Uninstall djigo,,,will this keep phantoms safe from this,,like others I never miss a update but this is a worrie :confused:

HI yes confused on this one,,I have djigo4 and litchi one same tablet,,,gives me option which app to use on start up,,,shall I Uninstall djigo,,,will this keep phantoms safe from this,,like others I never miss a update but this is a worrie :confused:

Ok from what I can gather. Updating will not cause any issues so long as before you fly you log in to your account again making sure you have a wifi or cellular connection. I do not know why dji are making this re log in thing such an issue but apparently as long as this is done our phantoms will not see any restrictions.

Ps I will be updating and if I find that my range and height is decreased then dji can refund me my money because the phantom will not be performing as it was advertised.

Height and range is all stated on the website and nowhere does it say it is subject to change as dji see fit.

Last edited:
Ps I will be updating and if I find that my range and height is decreased then dji can refund me my money because the phantom will not be performing as it was advertised.

Height and range all states in the website and nowhere does it say it is subject to change as dji see fit.
Yip that's what I want to hear,,I didn't want performance loss ,,,,thanks again:)

I'm gonna leave my versions as is fine with me right now. Until this crap is figured out, they ain't touching my firmware. I fly litchi anyway. But if gets to bad, there are other drones out there

My take on the notice is simply if you do not update and sign-in (as usual) your aircraft will be "limited" to the features currently available on you version of soft/firmware. There will be some things you need to agree on in order to use the new version and its features, so you need to be logged in and online to accept the new terms and conditions. I dont think it will ne a big deal in the end. Just my $0.02

Seriously, how hard would it be for DJI to explain the rationale behind this, exactly why they are doing it and what the implications are if you upgrade and don't register again, upgrade and do register again, or don't upgrade?

A few simple paragraphs would end a pile of confusion. Honestly, this isn't hard....

Seriously, how hard would it be for DJI to explain the rationale behind this, exactly why they are doing it and what the implications are if you upgrade and don't register again, upgrade and do register again, or don't upgrade?

A few simple paragraphs would end a pile of confusion. Honestly, this isn't hard....
Yes, the main problem here is (as always seems to be the case with DJI) poor communication, and as a result this is already perhaps being blown out of proportion. I don't think DJI will ever learn, not sure they are even capable of it.

Use Litchi, disable automatic updates, and don't update the RC or AC, and use non phone connected ipad to control the RC. I can see a lot of lawsuits coming DJI's way if they carry on with this ridiculous farce. With multiple lawsuits coming from many different countries their stock price will plummet.

Everyone is getting hung up on the piece of the notification that states there will be limitations if you don't login. That's not the concerning bit. The bit that says:

"This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile."

What the heck does that mean?? The correct set of functions as determined by my geographical location. The correct set of functions are the ones I purchased when I bought my P4. Nothing more or less.

And how does this affect second hand drones, where the bird wasn't initially registered in the owners name?

can see a lot of lawsuits coming DJI's way if they carry on with this ridiculous farce. With multiple lawsuits coming from many different countries their stock price will plummet.

This is how we need to fight back against the arrogant DJI ---- let's all band together and file a class action lawsuit against them and teach 'em a good lesson that WE are the boss because we buy their products. They are not Big Brother and can not arbitrarily decide who is breaking mysterious parameters about height or distance limits. This is exactly how the Chinese govt. works in secrecy and it really p*sses me off that a Chinese company thinks they have a right to monitor and control what their customers do in every country of the world !! Communism is NOT my cup of tea! :mad:

Why do you put up with such abuse?
Why not vote with your wallet and move along to another brand/make/model?

This is how we need to fight back against the arrogant DJI ---- let's all band together and file a class action lawsuit against them and teach 'em a good lesson that WE are the boss because we buy their products. They are not Big Brother and can not arbitrarily decide who is breaking mysterious parameters about height or distance limits. This is exactly how the Chinese govt. works in secrecy and it really p*sses me off that a Chinese company thinks they have a right to monitor and control what their customers do in every country of the world !! Communism is NOT my cup of tea! :mad:
Really? You're so worked up with no idea what you're worked up about.
No need to wait to find out. Just sharpen those pitchforks and grab some flaming torches.

"This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile."

The geospatial information DJI has been feeding us since the start is old, outdated, and at times inaccurate. They just seem uninterested in correcting and updating their data. Now they want to insure you have the data they want to send to you. I have no confidence yet they can provide a world wide database with current and accurate information.

Reactions: John Decker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.