Confused about Phantom 2

I have a v1 P2 and just got the v2. The new one is significantly more stable under load and seems to be faster as well. Still haven't been far enough away from buildings, etc to give it a minor torture test but plan to in the next couple of days.

I've been wondering about this since the announcement... I'm trying to decide why I care about the better motors and "increased payload capacity". So fine, each motor can lift 200g more than before... however I have no intention of running anything other than a H3-3D and gopro... does that "increased lifting capacity" yield more FLIGHT TIME, or does it mean the flight times are the same but I could theoretically mount a heavier gimbal or whatever?

QYV said:
I've been wondering about this since the announcement... I'm trying to decide why I care about the better motors and "increased payload capacity". So fine, each motor can lift 200g more than before... however I have no intention of running anything other than a H3-3D and gopro... does that "increased lifting capacity" yield more FLIGHT TIME, or does it mean the flight times are the same but I could theoretically mount a heavier gimbal or whatever?

Question is, if you're going to invest in a quad, why would you try to save $100 bucks if you can get something better and newer?
Also, the remote is different, no more AA batteries, now you have a rechargeable remote and the gimbal control is better too.

appreciate the effort but that didn't actually answer my question :)
I already have a P2v1 but recently broke the H3-3D. I've been waiting on a good deal on one to pop up (they can be had for around 250 under ideal conditions) but at the same time trying to decide if I want to just sell the P2 and get a new P2v2 kit... yes I'm familiar with the RC features and the new RC seems neat, but it's not enough to get me to spend all that money just on it's own.
Similarly, just being able to "carry more weight" isn't enough either... however increased flight time per battery (under load) may be worth the cost to me.

As we all know the P2v1 was advertised with 20-25 min flight time which was accomplished with the raw phantom alone. Adding the H3-3D, gopro and FPV transmitter decreased that flight time to around 14-16 minutes in most cases, including mine.
I'm trying to figure out if the P2v2 legitimately has 20+ min flight time fully loaded or not

I also have a lightbridge transceiver attached which is a heavy little bugger and a tracking device and it adds up fast. It really was a tad sluggish while maneuvering. The V2 works much better. At some point you will find yourself want to use FPV or something that will add more weight, most people do. When that happens you will be happy you bought the V2. Of course I will keep my V1 as a backup spare but the V2 is my new everyday quad. You know, faster, stronger, better maneuverability are always things to strive for :p

Is there any new version coming up for this model ?
Then I can wait or else will go for this v2.

soamz said:
Is there any new version coming up for this model ?
Then I can wait or else will go for this v2.

The v2 just got released less than a month ago, so I'd expect the next model to come out for at least another six months.

amazon says 959$ for the kit.

Shall we wait for black friday or its not going to go any low ?

soamz said:
amazon says 959$ for the kit.

Shall we wait for black friday or its not going to go any low ?

I doubt this will go any lower. I paid the full price for it. if anything you can get deals on the Phantom 2 v1 but I wouldn't expect deals on this one.

yea the P2v1 is 829. the p2v2 is back up to the 959 price point, I've been looking but haven't seen any advertised Black Friday specials for it yet.

These are my own personal opinion/guesses but I suspect any deals to be had will be on the p2v1 as retailers try to dump stock.
additionally, I think that DJI is focusing on the Inspire rather than a P2v3 or P3, if one of those items ever exists it probably won't be for some time, as Urawful pointed out the P2v2 was just barely released a month or so ago

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel