Complete Gray Disconnect Seems Fixed

Reaction score
P3P Andriod Nexus 7 II

Last two days been getting gray disconnected then comes back, TX and Bird are fine.
This is not an app failure.

Just now I go out everything's working great, simple launch, stable as a rock, go up for a sunset shot with video on, Turn video off and shoot a few photos.

Go Up a little higher Gray Disconnect, I don't panic and land safe and sound.
Wait to see if reconnect happens nothing.
Shut everything down and restart still disconnect.

Come home real close, and pull the props for a bench test.
Still disconnect. Bird and TX working and talking.

Checked USB cable, tried a new cable nothing .

I know this is starting to happen on a wide range with others too, except not getting disconnect long term.

It started slow and now nothing... Is the Light Bridge failing slowly? Did mine just completely fail?

Trouble shoot with me guy's if you can please.

EDIT( Update ) So as told below I cleared the Cache Powered up last night and had connection again, but that was after dinner and a TV show with Wife about an hour half of everything resting. I should have tried before clearing the cache.

So this morning she was working fine on the bench and left it on for a while and no disconnects. Loose cable test I wiggled the cables as if I was in the field no disconnect.

So after work I'll go fly again for final test, I have Cache off in app and I am going to fly without taking videos/photos for one battery then if all goes well I will fly with another battery and take photos and video and see what happens.

Last night after flying NOTHING guy's complete Disconnect until I let it cool down or clearing the cache did it.

Will report Later tonight,,,,

Last edited:
6/9/2010

Took out the P3 for a full battery run after clearing the cache and for the full time not a single glitch.

I will clear the cache before each flight now. Only down side is Maps seem to go too. No cache set to off on bird.

Cheers

P3P Andriod Nexus 7 II

Last two days been getting gray disconnected then comes back, TX and Bird are fine.
This is not an app failure.

Just now I go out everything's working great, simple launch, stable as a rock, go up for a sunset shot with video on, Turn video off and shoot a few photos.

Go Up a little higher Gray Disconnect, I don't panic and land safe and sound.
Wait to see if reconnect happens nothing.
Shut everything down and restart still disconnect.

Come home real close, and pull the props for a bench test.
Still disconnect. Bird and TX working and talking.

Checked USB cable, tried a new cable nothing .

I know this is starting to happen on a wide range with others too, except not getting disconnect long term.

It started slow and now nothing... Is the Light Bridge failing slowly? Did mine just completely fail?

Trouble shoot with me guy's if you can please.

EDIT( Update ) So as told below I cleared the Cache Powered up last night and had connection again, but that was after dinner and a TV show with Wife about an hour half of everything resting. I should have tried before clearing the cache.

So this morning she was working fine on the bench and left it on for a while and no disconnects. Loose cable test I wiggled the cables as if I was in the field no disconnect.

So after work I'll go fly again for final test, I have Cache off in app and I am going to fly without taking videos/photos for one battery then if all goes well I will fly with another battery and take photos and video and see what happens.

Last night after flying NOTHING guy's complete Disconnect until I let it cool down or clearing the cache did it.

Will report Later tonight,,,,

Unless your taking pictures always fly with video on whether or not you want the video. That's evidence for DJi if your P3 goes nuts on you.

Reactions: envisionabove
Update 6/12/2015

Burned 4 batteries during yesterdays practice training.

Arrived and started... NO SD CARD last flight prior did a minimal amount of sunset video.
Disconnect right off the bat... NO SD CARD. Landed and cleared cache.
Up again no disconnect... for 4 batteries of flight.

The remaining time perfect connected the whole time. With the exception of the Gmail app error (gapp) and a few pilot reboots but no disconnects.

Felt really good to fly that long with out disconnecting.

I cleared my cache before flying, then 14 minutes in, 'Disconnected' with no recovery.

Is it ok to turn video cache off?

Doesn't cache record TX video locally? If turning off and becomes stable I'd turn off, but... recorded video may not be remain when crash???

Well the recorded video does to the SD card, that's a safer place for the video.
Speaking without smarts right now but the cache is to preview?

I just had my first run in with the greyed out disconnect on the top of the app. I was seeing how far I could take my P3 and got to about 12,380 ft out and it did it. Only thing is that mine just came back on after a few seconds. My bird was still sitting where I left it...should it have started to RTH? Or does the bar on the top center of the app only display video?

Well the recorded video does to the SD card, that's a safer place for the video.
I mean, FPV video sent to TX (not FHD/4K however) is recorded as "cache," isn't it?

That can be seen if the FHD/4K video is lost in aircraft SD card...
I had that experience twice. Once aircraft itself was OK, but video not remained in SD in the aircraft. Another time... terrible crash and I also lost SD, but tablet remains the video just before crash, so I could specify where the bird is, and could know the reason of my failure. That's why I don't want to turn off the "cache," however, I don't know the TX video is called "cache" or not...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31