Compatabilty?

Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit of a noob question. The h3-3d version that comes with the GCU, is this self contained or does it still need a naza? It says "naza lite is not supported" and that's what I (will) have. So I am a bit confused. Also can the third axis be locked/disabled if you want?

teknochild said:
Sorry this is a bit of a noob question. The h3-3d version that comes with the GCU, is this self contained or does it still need a naza? It says "naza lite is not supported" and that's what I (will) have. So I am a bit confused. Also can the third axis be locked/disabled if you want?

I would have to conclude that if DJI states that Naza Lite is not supported, you should probably consider another gimbal
maybe the DYS or the Arris CM3000, both of which will run stand alone without a NAZA. (which you could potentially turn off the yaw as well, but honestly, you wouldn't want to)

teknochild said:
It's self contained, but still needs to be wired to a flight controller, i.e, A2, Wookong-M, Naza-M V1 and V2, Phantom flight controllers .

Yes, it has an FPV mode you can enable in the Assistant. This is still stabilised, but tracks with the movements of craft more like it's fixed. Check YouTube for 'Zenmuse H3-3D FPV mode' for examples.

Gizmo3000 said:
I would have to conclude that if DJI states that Naza Lite is not supported, you should probably consider another gimbal
maybe the DYS or the Arris CM3000, both of which will run stand alone without a NAZA. (which you could potentially turn off the yaw as well, but honestly, you wouldn't want to)

So, the zenmuse get's it's attitude measurements from the naza then? Even the one that comes with a GCU.

And I would occasionally like to turn the yaw off while just flying fpv for fun and not shooting so the cameras always pointing forward.

Jaybee said:
It's self contained, but still needs to be wired to a flight controller, i.e, A2, Wookong-M, Naza-M V1 and V2, Phantom flight controllers .

Yes, it has an FPV mode you can enable in the Assistant. This is still stabilised, but tracks with the movements of craft more like it's fixed. Check YouTube for 'Zenmuse H3-3D FPV mode' for examples.

Any idea why it needs to be connected to the flight controller?

I'm planning on building an f550. I've had a v1 phantom for a long time and got the bug to get a gimbal, but looked at the phantom 2 and quit the second I saw the fully proprietary battery. I've always wanted something that had more, and more accessible space for mounting FPV stuff and more batteries anyway, do the phantom 2 wasn't really the best fit anyway.

the Phantom 1 (as far as I know), does not have the NAZA Lite in it, but hast he Naza M, so I think it would work, but you'd still need to install a PMU2 or and upgrade board to get it to work with the H3-3D.

as for turning off the Yaw, I'm not sure if the the H3-3d has a "FPV mode" (that the Vision 2+ has)

teknochild said:
So, the zenmuse get's it's attitude measurements from the naza then? Even the one that comes with a GCU.

Correct. The Zenmuse uses blended input for stabilization. Some of the data comes from the on-board IMU (in the little housing on the gimbal frame) and the rest comes from the flight controller's IMU, via the GCU.

The GCU has two functions, that are both already present in the P2 mainboard and the P1 upgrade board:
-PMU for gimbal
-Capture IMU data from FC

Gizmo3000 said:
the Phantom 1 (as far as I know), does not have the NAZA Lite in it, but hast he Naza M, so I think it would work, but you'd still need to install a PMU2 or and upgrade board to get it to work with the H3-3D.

as for turning off the Yaw, I'm not sure if the the H3-3d has a "FPV mode" (that the Vision 2+ has)

Not looking to use it on phantom 1.

OI Photography said:
teknochild said:

Correct. The Zenmuse uses blended input for stabilization. Some of the data comes from the on-board IMU (in the little housing on the gimbal frame) and the rest comes from the flight controller's IMU, via the GCU.

The GCU has two functions, that are both already present in the P2 mainboard and the P1 upgrade board:
-PMU for gimbal
-Capture IMU data from FC

That sucks, I have no need for the extras of the naza v2, and especially not the extra $170 it costs.

teknochild said:
That sucks, I have no need for the extras of the naza v2, and especially not the extra $170 it costs.

The NAZA-Lite doesn't have the features necessary to support a gimbal, so you'll at least need a NAZA-M (v1). I think the difference in cost with the v2 that you see is for the one with the GPS unit...you can buy it without that for just over $200 total.

OI Photography said:
teknochild said:

The NAZA-Lite doesn't have the features necessary to support a gimbal, so you'll at least need a NAZA-M (v1). I think the difference in cost with the v2 that you see is for the one with the GPS unit...you can buy it without that for just over $200 total.

That was comparing them both with gps (but I was a little off).
With gps
naza lite 170
naza v2 300

The gimbal support would be the only thing I would be interested in with the v2, everything else osd/telemetry/downlink etc I already have equipment for and prefer over. Guess I'll have to find a gimbal with its own IMU.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl