Compass won't calibrate

Had same problem. Thanks to foram members it's sorted. When doing horizontal and vertical 360 try and go a bit further. I did a 360 plus about another 90 till got green lights. Hope this works

Hello,

I recently got the Phantom 3 in the mail.
Unfortunately I am unable to get the compass to calibrate at all.
I have the latest firmware, tried calibrating the compass out in an open field as well as indoors.
It keeps saying Compass Abnormal / Compass Error and when I try to calibrate on the facing the camera down part I get magnetic interference error. The horizontal facing calibration gives a green light.

Anyone have a clue what can be causing this?
I tried IMU calibration as well, but it would not help.

When I look at the sensors screen I see a big time interference in the compass line. Mod of a number bouncing around 350 rapidly.

Any help is appreciated before I try shipping it back to DJI.

Greetings
VHC
Same here. and my serial # is 1313 How bad is that. Not getting much help from DJI.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I tried calibrating it in a wide open meadow but it still wouldn't let me calibrate, would a simple belt interfere with it while i try to calibrate it above my head by holding it up? Also, if someone could tell me what their compass sensor reads in the DJI Pilot App on a properly functioning compass I can see if there is a big difference or something maybe?
I read the other post about someone needing many attempts to calibrate, I am going at about 20 attempts right now :(
mine reads in the 300's on both.

Try degaussing the compass and do the compass calibration again. This is a video on the P1 but the principal is the same.

Is your drone suppose to fly even if you don't callobrate it? I've only used mine once and it won't let me fly without calibrating it. I've tried to calibrate it a lot and every time I get to the vertical calibration it says I'm too close to metal which I am not near any at all. What can I do to fix this???

When I was flying I went to land in a spot where there are a lot of trees. I found a opening and started to land when the wind caught it and threw it into a tree and when it fell it sounded bad. The battery popped out, I put the battery back in and when I opened the app it said compass error when I got to calibrate it the camera twitches to where the image isn’t even straight. It does the first part ok then when I half to calibrate it on side it can’t. When it is complete it says calibration failed and how there’s a to strong magnetic interference. When the drones still on the ground the cameras fine it’s when I mover it around that the camera is delayed or twitching.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl