Compass Redundancy Switch

Reaction score
I’ve had this warning come up a few times and I’m not sure what it means.
It’s only there for a second then gone. It does show in the warnings menu.

Can anyone give any info ?

I’ve had this warning come up a few times and I’m not sure what it means.
It’s only there for a second then gone. It does show in the warnings menu.

Can anyone give any info ?

Have you tried calibrating the compass and ensuring that you're using the latest version of the DJIGo4 APP?

Don't forget the adhere to these tips from the manual when calibrating:

-Do not calibrate your compass where there is any possibility of strong magnetic interference. Sources of potential interference include magnetite, parking structures, and subterranean metal structures
-Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration such as keys or cellular phones.
-Do not calibrate in direct proximity to large metal objects. DO NOT calibrate indoors.

Hope this helps!

I think Ive figured it out ....
It seems to only show up when I’m near metal objects
IE : taking off from my aluminum table on the deck
Didn’t think aluminum would matter since it’s not magnetic
I was wrong
Went out to a nearby flying field and had no problems at all other than high winds.
Finally a nice warm day in St. Louis and it’s windy as .........

T

I've had it a come up a couple times. Just did a search and came across this thread. I'm running old firmware and have not recalibrated in a while. I'm going to recalibrate the compass first and see if that helps.

I've had it a come up a couple times. Just did a search and came across this thread. I'm running old firmware and have not recalibrated in a while. I'm going to recalibrate the compass first and see if that helps.
Why? That means absolutely nothing and means that you do not have to calibrate the only time you should calibrate is if the app specifically asks you too or values are not in green.... when you are outside of the house or in an open field... of course when in the house you will get Compass errors which is not a big deal because once you go outside it will be fine but like I said you shouldn't calibrate just because you change firmware... that is nonsense and if not careful you could catch a bad calibration... say you were standing on concrete and there was rebar in it... well you not knowing, calibrated when all along you did not have to calibrate. now your calibration values are all out of whack resulting in a crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers