Compass errors recently - anyone else getting these?

Reaction score
I noticed a few problems with my p3a and other friends reporting errors atti mode breaks recently. As a pluck out of the blue could glonass GPS be the problem. I just wonder if the US and RUSSIA and having a sat war at the moment. Maybe pie in the sky I know but it is possible that this would be a answer to this problem

It's true that we have recently seen many compass errors and GPS to automatic ATTI mode changes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I noticed a few problems with my p3a and other friends reporting errors atti mode breaks recently. As a pluck out of the blue could glonass GPS be the problem. I just wonder if the US and RUSSIA and having a sat war at the moment. Maybe pie in the sky I know but it is possible that this would be a answer to this problem

I tend to think a bad batch of compass boards hit the mfg line a little while back.
you can get gps error if compass is out of wack,
they work together for heading and position

based upon that issue popping up rather quickly a little while back.
also have seen a few posts that dji fixed by replacing compass....

good luck and have fun flying..

Reactions: Tommy Iversen
Ive been getting compass errors in my back yard where I've never gotten them before. Now I get a calibrate compass message almost every time I turn it on. And no I have done nothing to my yard at all. And I have not updated to the latest firmware yet.

Neither GPS nor GLONASS have anything to do with compasses, of course. I doubt that the current cold war is affecting the earth's magnetic field.

Both GPS and GLONASS undergo periodic interference testing. Maybe it's some kind of overlap in that testing process, or some other problem that Russia is having with their system and not announcing.

GPS.gov: GPS Service Outages & Status Reports

I haven't been able to fly for the last 2 weeks due to Compass Errors. Tried multiple locations, many which i have flow in before and regularly. Latest firmware. No compass error previously!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi,
I have had a couple of compass errors also.
Yesterday I got a compass stuck error and motors would not start.I turned the drone off,left for a few minutes,back on and all was ok.
Anyone know if this is a more serious issue ?.

Scott

I as well as other friends have not experienced this compass issue, I think that most of these posts are ******** per se. I say this based on my experience and real world facts. I am still wondering if this thread is a hoax those who have posted are playing along with the joke???
Seriously

I had a couple of compass errors when I got my used P3A about a month or so ago but I have not had a issue since. Have not had to calibrate it in about a week.

Hi,
So today I took her out again.Upon start up I got a compass stuck error so the motors wouldn't start up.Turned off then on again and the motors started and I was good to go.I was flying in the park and in about a 14 min flight I encountered several compass error messages.
I am now a little concerned about flying with this unresolved issue.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Scott

Hi,
So today I took her out again.Upon start up I got a compass stuck error so the motors wouldn't start up.Turned off then on again and the motors started and I was good to go.I was flying in the park and in about a 14 min flight I encountered several compass error messages.
I am now a little concerned about flying with this unresolved issue.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Scott

Scott is your Phantom new? Is it under warranty? Contact DJI if it is. I have seen a number of bad compass issues and the compass needed to be replaced.

I as well as other friends have not experienced this compass issue, I think that most of these posts are ******** per se. I say this based on my experience and real world facts. I am still wondering if this thread is a hoax those who have posted are playing along with the joke???
Seriously

Who are you to call my post B.S.? If you disagree with someone, give a reason, don't just weakly call it bs. My issues are accurate as I believe the others here are too. If you don't have something positive to say, just shut up.

Who are you to call my post B.S.? If you disagree with someone, give a reason, don't just weakly call it bs. My issues are accurate as I believe the others here are too. If you don't have something positive to say, just shut up.

+1
[emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31