Compass Error?

Reaction score
Howdy,
Looking for help with a problem I've been having with my P2V+ right out of the box, on my P2V I would power it and calibrate compass when Im waiting for GPS lock, never had any issues, now on my V+, I keep getting "Compass Error, Maintenance Required" no matter how many times I calibrate it, I did notice that it goes away after I had I have GPS Lock? Didn't help much that first time out was Sunday with a Kp index of 6 when I started (no i'm not insane, I learned that after the fact, cuz I would keep losing GPS while flying, and Simon posted a nice vid about it, http://youtu.be/jvtuWKT6MYE , when I went to investigate why?)
So do I just need to wait for GPS lock b4 I calibrate compass, or do I have other issues going on?
Thanks for the help!

All a bit much when you just got it, but ideally download the Assistant software, install the driver and connect it to the computer to see what the compass is actually showing.
You don't need change anything, and decline any software upgrades for now.
Just look through the screens.
Not unheard of for the wire to be not attached properly - to the compass unit on one leg.

Just to let you guys know I had this exact same issue.

The videos no longer work if you could repost the links that would be great.

Also know I figured the error issue out. In my case I had a rough landing and it caused the Compass to be loose. I tightened the connection and it now works

Just to let you guys know I had this exact same issue.

The videos no longer work if you could repost the links that would be great.

Also know I figured the error issue out. In my case I had a rough landing and it caused the Compass to be loose. I tightened the connection and it now works
How did you tighten the connection?

It plugs in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl