Compass error or glitch?

Reaction score
Got the latest DJI Go update on my P3A and every now and then for a millionth of a second I get compass error. It happens about 3 times a flight.

Done the same flight with litchi.... no compass error at all

Switch back to DJI Go and......yep.. Compass error

Anyone else with this ?

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Many have reported that with DJI Go updates they are seeing more compass error. You proved the point by trying to use Litchi and DJI Go one after other to compare the results.

I'm not sure what did you try with Litchi. Hope you did the same exercises with both to compare apples with apples.

If you tried missions with Litchi and just normal flying with DJI Go, then I can guess the root cause of the problem.

Please tell us more about both the flights.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Both flights were done with no missions. I flew them around the golf course at a height of 200M and I noticed that no matter what height I went on dji it still shows compass error. In actual fact I nearly thought I was in trouble as the screen went green and blocky and then froze, so I used the map and it was not on screen of where I am, so opened the map and had to scroll the map across then zoom in. All that happened when battery was at 32%

Think I will stick to litchi all the time. I haven't tried follow me yet since the last few updates but will be surprising to see if compass error may appear on that too

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl