Compass Error Exit P-GPS Mode

Reaction score
Started my phantom up and hovered about 5 ft off ground for a second then all of a sudden this error came up and my phantom started drifting around. I guess it switched to atti mode. I did a hand catch land and calibrated the compass right after. Only had a few minutes of battery remaining after about 15 -20 min of non interrupted flight, so I started up and hovered at 5 feet to see if it would replicate the same scenario. It did ok for the last 2 minutes of flight. But now im worried that this will happen again and im gonna crash or something. Anyone know what could have caused this right after takeoff?

But now im worried that this will happen again and im gonna crash or something. Anyone know what could have caused this right after takeoff?
The most likely cause is that you calibrated your compass in an area where the earth's normal magnetic field was distorted by a lot of iron or steel, buried pipes, cables or reinforced concrete etc.
Take your Phantom somewhere well away from these influences and calibrate the compass there.

The most likely cause is that you calibrated your compass in an area where the earth's normal magnetic field was distorted by a lot of iron or steel, buried pipes, cables or reinforced concrete etc.
Take your Phantom somewhere well away from these influences and calibrate the compass there.
If that mean, what you said, then what is the "compass error calibration required" means?

If that mean, what you said, then what is the "compass error calibration required" means?
It's badly worded.
Compass error doesn't mean that the compass has a problem.
It means the compass has detected a problem and the solution is almost always, move to a magnetically clean location.
Recalibrating in a bad location will give you worse problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl