Compas calibrating

How often should I calibrate?
Depends on who you talk to. The instructions that came with my P3S told me to calibrate with every new location. Some people do the "dance" with every flight. Others have launched hundreds of miles away from home with no issues.

I don't think DJI pushes the calibration as much as it used to. I can say I have not calibrated in almost a year.

My P4P would ever hardly tell me to calibrate, unless there was an interference nearby, which would never calibrate successfully unless I moved the AC elsewhere. My P4P v2.0 forces me to calibrate every other flight. I am unsure if it’s a safety feature to prevent flyaways, but it annoys me to do the dance so often, when I didn’t have to do them before.

How often should I calibrate?
I've had my P4 pro for two years now and it's been running perfectly in hard professional use..
Still haven't calibrated anything on it.
The only time you should need to calibrate the compass is after you modify or rebuild the drone.
If it's running properly, there's no need to recalibrate anything.

My p4 standard bought 2 years ago here in Oregon and went vacation in the Philippines for 2 times and never been calibrated and flies flawlessly..

Depends on who you talk to. The instructions that came with my P3S told me to calibrate with every new location. Some people do the "dance" with every flight. Others have launched hundreds of miles away from home with no issues.

I don't think DJI pushes the calibration as much as it used to. I can say I have not calibrated in almost a year.
LOL, that word dance make me laugh all the time,,I used to do it when I was little learner at the park doing the dance,ha not only did it make me dizzy a bit I must have look so stupid,I just turn the drone now and stand still,much better for me,,,today was first time for ages,I did me imu calibration and compass on me p3s,,was trying to fix hard braking issue,changed to 98 instead of a 100,,way smother now,,,,,when I first get my p3s , every flight I used to do silly dance , it don't need it,,funny now at nightclubs when I dance,I get ask what I doing,

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor