"COMING HOME" . . . OMG . . .!

Reaction score
Tonight, my Phantom came home.

Demonstrating it to a few friends, after a few beers, in the dark at 10:30pm, the message came on the iPhone...."COMING HOME".

And it did too, it was about 4 feet from it's take off point, and near a small tree, so I caught it by the landing feet.

My god, I was so pleased, and relieved.....

I flicked a switch on the left controller but couldn't regain control.

I better read the instructions more for any future incidents like this..

:lol:

i think the operative statement in your post was..."after a few beers"!!!!!! :)

and, lol..."in the dark" gives us a hint, too!!

many of us can relate.

David DJI H said:

Demonstrating it to a few friends, after a few beers, in the dark at 10:30pm, the message came on the iPhone...."COMING HOME".

And it did too, it was about 4 feet from it's take off point, and near a small tree, so I caught it by the landing feet.

I specifically recommend not reading the instructions, just wing it! You tend to remember things better by just doing. I work with the virtualized infrastructure for major banks airports and hospitals every day and it works for me, what's the worst that could happen?

lukeglazebrook said:
David DJI H said:

I specifically recommend not reading the instructions, just wing it! You tend to remember things better by just doing. I work with the virtualized infrastructure for major banks airports and hospitals every day and it works for me, what's the worst that could happen?
The worse that could happen is the phantom flys away crashes down onto someone and causes serious injury, I too do not always read manuals for things and prefer trial and error to work things out but that's with things that are not likely to cause injury to me or other people, the phantom clearly does not fall into this category and you're advice of just "try it and see" and not reading the manual is the worst advice I have ever seen on this forum :evil:

Madwak said:
lukeglazebrook said:
David DJI H said:

The worse that could happen is the phantom flys away crashes down onto someone and causes serious injury, I too do not always read manuals for things and prefer trial and error to work things out but that's with things that are not likely to cause injury to me or other people, the phantom clearly does not fall into this category and you're advice of just "try it and see" and not reading the manual is the worst advice I have ever seen on this forum :evil:

You're ire is misplaced. Luke was being sarcastic.

To the OP, I see you're new, so welcome to the forum. These little Phantoms are great little toys that can wreak havoc if not used with some discretion. Drinking, flying at night, and not completely knowing the functions of this small craft might rub some the wrong way. Anyway, not here to rail you, just to remind you the intraweb can be a tough room.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik