Coming back - Finally!

Reaction score
It's been a while since I was involved here. Our storm repairs are finally done and after entirely too much drama with the repairer and bad weather, we've moved back aboard our boat (we're live-aboard sailors) the P4P+ is out of storage and the batteries charging up from their stored state.

It's good to be back!

It's been a while since I was involved here. Our storm repairs are finally done and after entirely too much drama with the repairer and bad weather, we've moved back aboard our boat (we're live-aboard sailors) the P4P+ is out of storage and the batteries charging up from their stored state.

It's good to be back!
Welcome back from NZ.
Aaaarrrggg captain post some shots of your boat and surroundings

Welcome back from NZ.
Aaaarrrggg captain post some shots of your boat and surroundings

I will, and soon - right now, all I have are some shots from the launching at the boatyard. As soon as I'm able to work fully on the boat, I will get some edits done and have something to post. We're still limited on electricity on board, but are finishing the installation of 400 watts of solar power, and that should resolve that issue...as they say in the islands, "soon come mon, soon come..."

Last edited:
An update:

Of course, nothing goes as planned...especially so where boats are concerned. We're still in the Florida Keys, and will be indefinitely, (for a variety of reasons), and part and parcel of that, we'll be moving off a harbor mooring and to a marina slip. This is big, as it will allow us unlimited electrical power to keep batteries charged, laptops charged, and the like. But, the biggie is we will have fast and reliable WiFi!! Oh, and we'll also have conditioned air! :D

It will also give us a bit more time to figure out more power solutions for the boat. Our 400W of solar is installed and working beautifully in the brilliant sun we have here. However, after more than a few trial runs, it's become clear the 400W is not quite enough to keep us ahead of the curve for battery charging, laptop charging, etc. The panels kept pace with charging the P4P batteries and controller, and my laptop while running Lightroom and Premier Pro...but left us nothing in the 'bank' for overnight power needs until the sun rose again. And, a lack of WiFi has been nearly crippling.

As I mentioned in my post above, "soon come, mon..." I'll hopefully be flying much more regularly, and getting back into the photo and video game again soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic