Reaction score
I know it's tough to fly here because of all the airports, the University, heliports and others reasons. But I know where there is land not too far away which we can practice and fly. I am an instrument rated fixed wing pilot but that doesn't count for squat! I would enjoy learning from anyone at any level. Phantom 4 pro with Epson BT_300 FPV goggles. I need to get in some heavy practice before the end of December. Im going anyway you might as well come along.

Bill C

Reactions: AndrewCCM
I was wondering if you knew a good place to fly. I have been doing indoor flights, but I want to take it outdoors.

Thanks,

I am trying to think of areas where you might do so which is not in Easterwood's (CLL) airspace. Does Lick Creek Park have any restrictions. I know its out of the airspace. I was flying just for practice low alitidudes at the intersection of HW47 and Leonard Road. There are some road materials pilled up which make interesting flying. It is however on the very edge of CLL extended area for RW16/34. Internet sites also show this is an area for the old WW2 training field but I know for sure it has X's on the runways and the data is wrong. There is a base ball field complex off of HW 30 to the east just past that major intersection. In the area of that BBQ place.
Where I go fly is a friends ranch. No issues there at all. That is if we dont wander too far East and South. But this is at Gause 38 miles away. Speaking of that. Now this might be really fun. I believe that old Iron bridge over the LittleRiver just North of Gause is just West of Hearn's Airport Area. Very nice area and a good flowing river beneath the Bridge and something worth photographing. It would be side of the road flying but again if you dont make a nuisence of yourselves, very fun. This is just North of what the locals call "Sugar Loaf" Mountain. There is a paved road out of Gause and out about 5 miles are so is a sharp turn to the left. You will see at that turn a well used dirt road "drop down to the right" Keep going about 2 miles and you will see this steel bridge with wooden boards for your car to travel on. Id check it before you do so. If you want to know where I am at the moment. Here is a hint 75ºSouth, 179.96º East I guarantee I will be out of any airspace ( controlled at least) here.
Bill Crawford

Thanks for the info! I will be checking these places out, and I will let you know how it went.

By looking up the coordinates I definitely agree that you are out of controlled airspace!

If either of you are interested in flying let me know. I am currently looking for people to fly with and live in CS. Also, I have a couple of places to fly that are much closer to town.

Ian

Good news. The FAA has exempted the extensions for the approaches to airports for drone flights. It is my understanding now, a drone may be flown in the extension area provided it is outside the airport 5 mile restriction. This opens up some of the area in both of the cities to fly legally.

Good news. The FAA has exempted the extensions for the approaches to airports for drone flights. It is my understanding now, a drone may be flown in the extension area provided it is outside the airport 5 mile restriction. This opens up some of the area in both of the cities to fly legally.
This seems great news! Do you have a link?

Thanks,

Hi all, new to the forum but long time resident of BCS. I just call the heliports and notify them I am flying at S&W and The Med. I don't know if they are getting tired of me calling but I am doing what I am supposed to do. I am outside of the airport 5 mile radius. B4UFly only says i need to call the helipad at S&W and the speedway. I find it humorous they are missing The Med helipad but keep the speedway which the number is "No longer in service"

I am very interested in seeing what changes AirMap and LAANC bring. Texas is the first to go live.

I just go fly over vacant land out here in my area near Greens Prairie (Tower Point)

I used to be a member of the BVRC club which is very near Coulter and always has had a good relationship with the airport so you should be clear out there.

Finally, if you are not a member of the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) I highly recommend. 2.5 million in liability insurance "Wherever you are" as they say.

I know the thread is old but is anyone in Bryan flying around Lake Bryan? There is n awesome area great for FPV

My boyfriend purchased a dji phantom 3 professional for someone and is having trouble getting the controller to connect to the drone. Anyone in the are willing to lend a hand as the dji support is not very supportive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31