COA for long-term

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried to apply for a COA for an extended period of time (couple months or so)? I would like to have authorization in a class D airspace with a class E extension during the summer months in my city. Has anyone tried this, if so, what would you recommend to accomplish this.

Thanks!

You're wanting to request and "Airspace Waiver" which is basically Airspace Authorization over a longer period of time instead of doing one for the same airspace over and over.

I have yet to see one get approved "yet" but that's the route you're wanting to go.

I currently have a 2 year waiver request for the Class E (sfc) area of my local airport submitted. Had a short term (60 days) authorization for the same general area. When I tried to extend the authorization, the FAA rejected it and suggested that I resubmit as a waiver. In the "who know how long" waiting period now. IF you only need 1-2 months, try the authorization approach. Be very detailed in your safety approach. I included such things as monitoring airport frequencies with a handheld monitor as an additional safety feature.

Still learning . . . I submitted a COA request for Chattanooga, TN Class C for Lovell Field, yesterday Feb 12. The instructions said the request could be for a period of up to 4 years. Not willing to push any sort of luck, I applied for a one-year duration COA. I will post back here when I get a response of any sort.

Still learning . . . I submitted a COA request for Chattanooga, TN Class C for Lovell Field, yesterday Feb 12. The instructions said the request could be for a period of up to 4 years. Not willing to push any sort of luck, I applied for a one-year duration COA. I will post back here when I get a response of any sort.

Any luck with that COA?

Any luck with that COA?
UPDATE ... after more than a month (applied 2/12/2017), got an email on March 20 from the FAA acknowledging my application and stating that my "application is being processed". I am still trying to be patient!

i know it is asking too much, but i think it would go a long way if they had a status page for the requests. Enter an assigned number and your Airman number for verification.
Something to see where you are in the process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20