Clueless to pilot - Anyone can do it....:-)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A little inspiration to those who want to start flying a drone but are absolutely clueless and have no one to help them.

A little while back I went out and got A P4P, a nice powerful PC and downloaded Filmora. I had never flown a drone before (I hadn't even seen one in real life until mine arrived) and knew absolutely zero about video editing. I watched a few youtube videos on "how to fly"...and within a few days I was having a blast in sport mode and making videos. So to everyone out there who knows nothing about drones or video editing...trust me, its easy, and you can learn so quickly!

My first ever video I made few months back at the lodge:

and my then a short video of the house:

Last edited:
Hi guys,

A little inspiration to those who want to start flying a drone but are absolutely clueless and have no one to help them.

A little while back I went out and got A P4P, a nice powerful PC and downloaded Filmora. I've had never flown a drone before (I hadn't even seen one in real life until mine arrived) and knew absolutely zero about video editing. I watched a few youtube videos on "how to fly"...and within a few days I was having a blast in sport mode and making videos. So to everyone out there who knows nothing about drones or video editing...trust me, its easy, and you can learn so quickly!

My first ever video I made few months back at the lodge:

and my then a short video of the house:
Nice work Sean!
Beautiful vision from an amazing country - thanks for sharing
Cheers Matt

Mafojani is blocked here in UK for copyright content, maybe background music that you used?
Mafojani.jpg
Dropbox - Mafojani.jpg

Other is a nice movie. I wish I had similar scenery to play with.;)

I'm not jumping on your 'max altitude achieved' of 600m. It might be there is a different limit in SA as we in the UK & US have a 'suggested limit' of 400ft above take off point to fly in. Please check the actual flying regulations for your country for no other reason than to be a responsible flier. :)

Mafojani is blocked here in UK for copyright content, maybe background music that you used?
Mafojani.jpg
Dropbox - Mafojani.jpg

Other is a nice movie. I wish I had similar scenery to play with.;)

I'm not jumping on your 'max altitude achieved' of 600m. It might be there is a different limit in SA as we in the UK & US have a 'suggested limit' of 400ft above take off point to fly in. Please check the actual flying regulations for your country for no other reason than to be a responsible flier. :)

Ah yes, probably the background music - I did put the links into my description though, mmm, will take another look.
I have indeed tried to check here in SA about the max flight altitude etc, and there are "not set lawful rules" yet...as is the norm in SA its still a free for all for everything lol. I do always however, make certain that there are no planes etc in the area.

There is an RAF station in the SW corner of Scotland where I used to take a caravan holiday. Lots of live test firing and low level flights. Unfortunately the beach at low tide is the bait digging patch and the Top Guns have a little 'game'!. The boogers soon let you know they are test flying by 'sneaking' up behind at next to zero altitude and giving a blast on the after-burners directly overhead. They are disappeared and gone by the time you scrape up your wits. Scares the crapola out of you the first time. The second and third times are no better. If you are out in a boat peacefully drowning a couple of worms, they let you know to clear the area by firing off a couple of flares directly overhead. Nobody waits to be asked a second time. The Base Cops usually come out in a RIB anyway and join in the fishing for a half hour skive and exchange the fisherman's yarns.
This was long before the days of 'sport drones'. It would have been a definite NFZ anyway. ;)

There is an RAF station in the SW corner of Scotland where I used to take a caravan holiday. Lots of live test firing and low level flights. Unfortunately the beach at low tide is the bait digging patch and the Top Guns have a little 'game'!. The boogers soon let you know they are test flying by 'sneaking' up behind at next to zero altitude and giving a blast on the after-burners directly overhead. They are disappeared and gone by the time you scrape up your wits. Scares the crapola out of you the first time. The second and third times are no better. If you are out in a boat peacefully drowning a couple of worms, they let you know to clear the area by firing off a couple of flares directly overhead. Nobody waits to be asked a second time. The Base Cops usually come out in a RIB anyway and join in the fishing for a half hour skive and exchange the fisherman's yarns.
This was long before the days of 'sport drones'. It would have been a definite NFZ anyway. ;)
Id pay money to see that! I once saw a B2 spirit fly over while I was in the Florida - I think it was around 2003 or so....I remember getting goosebumps all over and talking about it for weeks - and that was way up high. You're extremely lucky to have experienced those "booms" up close and personal!

My pants didn't think it was very lucky! :oops:

Kidding aside, it was a fantastic sight watching the low level flights around the bay. Up in the Highlands, there are places where you can actually look down on pairs of jet fighters from the road as they do their training flights. It's like watching a scene from Independence Day.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94