Civil Air Patrol

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone interacted with or been approached by the Civil Air Patrol regarding their UAVs? I have a local group that wants to purchase a couple drones and use them as a instructional platform and approached me for advice and an introduction.

Mike,

It looks like you have an awesome chance to introduce these to your local squadron.

I was Aerospace Officer in our local CAP squadron years ago. Mainly that meant teaching "aerospace stuff" to the cadets in the Squadron. There was not the opportunity to do UAVs back then, but we did do rocketry, something not many of the squadrons did in our state. Having said that, I believe they would really enjoy and appreciate your efforts.

The DJIs are a great choice for outdoors. I have a stripped P2 and Camrise offers the P2 via Amazon. I suggest that because they have a good platform with the DJI and yet they don't have to pay for the camera equipment if they are not interested.

Enjoy - their enthusiasm is contagious and you might just get hooked (er, enlisted). ;)

Reactions: Mike2A
We work with CAP when we have them on scene with SAR. This is a GREAT opportunity to teach and share with new aviators.

Just keep in mind that "demonstrating & teaching" will require Part 107 or a Public Use COA.

Reactions: Mike2A
We work with CAP when we have them on scene with SAR. This is a GREAT opportunity to teach and share with new aviators.

Just keep in mind that "demonstrating & teaching" will require Part 107 or a Public Use COA.

Thanks BigAl, Got that covered, but great point since some would not realize this falls under 107, etc.

Reactions: BigAl07
Mike,

It looks like you have an awesome chance to introduce these to your local squadron.

I was Aerospace Officer in our local CAP squadron years ago. Mainly that meant teaching "aerospace stuff" to the cadets in the Squadron. There was not the opportunity to do UAVs back then, but we did do rocketry, something not many of the squadrons did in our state. Having said that, I believe they would really enjoy and appreciate your efforts.

The DJIs are a great choice for outdoors. I have a stripped P2 and Camrise offers the P2 via Amazon. I suggest that because they have a good platform with the DJI and yet they don't have to pay for the camera equipment if they are not interested.

Enjoy - their enthusiasm is contagious and you might just get hooked (er, enlisted). ;)

Thanks, good advice...I was going to donate an old P2 I have and point them in the direction of a really good deal on a refurbished P3 I know about.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic