Christmas Day problem

sims5 said:

Are you sure the clip on the bottom motors is fully seated in the groove it goes into? And when you are looking at it pay attention to what goes on under the bottom while spinning the prop by hand.

When spinning the motor by hand the clip rotates also. Clip appears to be correct to me.

The motor turns good by hand. I just tested it with my daughter holding the phantom to see if motor would throttle up and it does not. The other three motors work fine.

sims5 said:
The motor turns good by hand. I just tested it with my daughter holding the phantom to see if motor would throttle up and it does not. The other three motors work fine.

Ah! THAT'S what kids are for! Well, looks like my youngins are gonna be busy this summer...

I was really just checking in to see if you'd made any progress. It's gotta suck that you can't fly, but this isn't a hobby for the anxious. Take your time and get it right, and when you do get going it's hella fun.

Hang in there man, it gets better.

Mine did the identical thing. Rear left Motor "stuttered"

It was tracked down to the ESC. Replaced it and it all worked fine! (Swapping out all the motors was my fault :) )

You have to solder when you replace the ESC - good luck on that. My skills require a whole lot of work, but it all worked fine anyway.

Happy flying

I say bad ESC too. It's fairly easy to swap if you know how to solder, but I would just wait on your warranty claim as mentioned above.

Update on my Phantom.

DJI received my Phantom on 1/8 and I received an email just now stating that the Phantom had a bad ESC. It has been repaired and test flown and now being sent to the shipping department. I should have it back next week.

Wow that was fast!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj