Choppy video

Reaction score
Anybody have a clue why my video comes out "choppy", by that I mean it runs a few seconds and stops and then starts again. I've tried dropping the resolution enabling and disabling the cache. I even reverted to reset on the camera and I still get the same result. This started after the 3rd or 4th flight I shot and it is a little perplexing, and annoying.
I have ironed out the prior issues, and this remains.
One other question that maybe someone knows, ...Why can't I access my flight logs and pictures/videos from my DJI forum login, it would seem they should be one in the same.
Thanks in advance
Frank

Anybody have a clue why my video comes out "choppy", by that I mean it runs a few seconds and stops and then starts again. I've tried dropping the resolution enabling and disabling the cache. I even reverted to reset on the camera and I still get the same result. This started after the 3rd or 4th flight I shot and it is a little perplexing, and annoying.
One other question that maybe someone knows, ...Why can't I access my flight logs and pictures/videos from my DJI forum login, it would seem they should be one in the same.
Thanks in advance
Frank
Yes can only access flight data with the djigo app,the forum different,,the joys of wifi,is it bad when recorded or just live view,you done cam reset , have you tryed to reformat sd card

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Thanks in advance
Frank
Is this problem Live or on Playback?

Rod

Yes can only access flight data with the djigo app,the forum different,,the joys of wifi,is it bad when recorded or just live view,you done cam reset , have you tryed to reformat sd card
The issue shows in playback, I did format the card when I installed it and have maybe 20 minutes on it. The first recording or two were great then the stuttering started. I was thinking about a reformat or whether if the card was "fast" enough for the load, I'm not currently trying to do cinematic work, just rooftop inspections, but a nice smooth recording is desired.
And yea I had a feeling the world had to go through the DJI GO App, it would be nice if I could run the app on my OSX mac, little touch screens are not my friends!

The issue shows in playback, I did format the card when I installed it and have maybe 20 minutes on it. The first recording or two were great then the stuttering started. I was thinking about a reformat or whether if the card was "fast" enough for the load, I'm not currently trying to do cinematic work, just rooftop inspections, but a nice smooth recording is desired.
And yea I had a feeling the world had to go through the DJI GO App, it would be nice if I could run the app on my OSX mac, little touch screens are not my friends!

Did you ever get the problem resolved? I have the same issue. I first thought it was signal but it does it at close range on live feed and in playback.

First: what resolution is containing in the video on the card and what format? 2K7 in mov or mp4?
2nd: how much free space was on card ?
3rd: What computer was reading the video file you wanted to watch?
4th: did you reformat the card in the copter yet to avoid the fragmentation of the memory inside?

First: what resolution is containing in the video on the card and what format? 2K7 in mov or mp4?
2nd: how much free space was on card ?
3rd: What computer was reading the video file you wanted to watch?
4th: did you reformat the card in the copter yet to avoid the fragmentation of the memory inside?
Hi and thanks for the help I use Macs on osx High sierra, I was running at both 2.7 and 1080 with the same results, as for the free space it is a 64gb card and was mostly empty. I have formatted the card again and still notice the issue. I've also noticed that the gimbal is slow to react to flight attitude changes. I was working in MP4. I've also noted that if I am trying to edit in iMovie the "playhead" jumps from frame to frame when the choppy playback is occurring. I'm actually beginning to think I have a camera issue and not a setup issue.
Frank

My similar problem was caused because my computer could not play the 4K video. I lowered the quality and it plays fine though at lower resolution. Might try that.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TED

My similar problem was caused because my computer could not play the 4K video. I lowered the quality and it plays fine though at lower resolution. Might try that.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TED
Thanks but since my standard only has 2.7K that is unlikely. However now I am getting patches of white and black stripes in my feed.

The “zebra stripe” images could be your over exposure warning. Try turning it off and see if they disappear.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: fehujber
Did you copy the mp4 file to the Mac´s hard drive and did the play back of the video yet? May be the card reader is a bottle neck for higher speed for reading the file.

Did you copy the mp4 file to the Mac´s hard drive and did the play back of the video yet? May be the card reader is a bottle neck for higher speed for reading the file.
Through the holidays and the bad weather we have had here I have not had the time to mess with anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic