Choppy video

Reaction score
Only had my ps3 for 2 days now and only flown it a handful of times. I checked the photo and video settings and nothing seems out of the ordinary, but the video is very choppy whenever I do any kind of turning, no matter how slow I try to go. Anyone else experiencing this?

my xp machine did that. but on my mac it palyed fine, just some blurring from to fast a pan or gimble point.
Set camera at 720P and see what happens.

Thanks. I'm running a windows 7 laptop. It looks choppy if you play it back through the app or download the file. I guess I'm trying to figure out if I'm overlooking something, doing something wrong, or need to tweak a setting.

Only had my ps3 for 2 days now and only flown it a handful of times. I checked the photo and video settings and nothing seems out of the ordinary, but the video is very choppy whenever I do any kind of turning, no matter how slow I try to go. Anyone else experiencing this?
Did you remove the small piece of shipping foam from behind the gimbal?

I am having the same issue. I changed it to 720 and it didn't seem to help. I'm using a Samsung S7

Thanks. I'm running a windows 7 laptop. It looks choppy if you play it back through the app or download the file. I guess I'm trying to figure out if I'm overlooking something, doing something wrong, or need to tweak a setting.
either your video card can't handle it, or the player software can't. What is your laptops screen resolution. Can it handle 2.4K i.e. 4608 x 2592 video?
Which is why I suggest downsizing video to 720P to see if that is the issue.
VLC player definitely, if it is a video codac issue, VLC uses built in codacs.
1080 video at 24 fps uses about 3.4gig for one battery flight for me. I'll wait for 8k tv's before I upgrade mine higher.

either your video card can't handle it, or the player software can't. What is your laptops screen resolution. Can it handle 2.4K i.e. 4608 x 2592 video?
Which is why I suggest downsizing video to 720P to see if that is the issue.
VLC player definitely, if it is a video codac issue, VLC uses built in codacs.
1080 video at 24 fps uses about 3.4gig for one battery flight for me. I'll wait for 8k tv's before I upgrade mine higher.
Ya, I was playing around with the 2.2k vs 1080p, and the 1080p looks much smoother. The 2.2k is very hurky-jerky, and the 1080p is much smoother. I even tried downloading and running quicktime, but that didn't make a difference. I'm guessing it's too much for the video processor to handle, seeing the laptop is about 9 years old. I guess I could try playing one of the 2.2k files on a newer machine and see if that makes a difference. BTW I was using the latest version of JetAudio to play the files. I'm going to try recording them in mp4 next time and see what kind of difference that makes. Thanks for all your input, fellas!

Ya, I was playing around with the 2.2k vs 1080p, and the 1080p looks much smoother. The 2.2k is very hurky-jerky, and the 1080p is much smoother. I even tried downloading and running quicktime, but that didn't make a difference. I'm guessing it's too much for the video processor to handle, seeing the laptop is about 9 years old. I guess I could try playing one of the 2.2k files on a newer machine and see if that makes a difference. BTW I was using the latest version of JetAudio to play the files. I'm going to try recording them in mp4 next time and see what kind of difference that makes. Thanks for all your input, fellas!
my macbook pro is that old, has a quad core i-7 gen 2 or 3. It's charging at the moment so can't look it up. batteries are at point I need to replace them. Been saving up for a monster system to handle the ram for editing the videos.

Did you remove the small piece of shipping foam from behind the gimbal?
Yes I did.
Perfect. Sorry to have asked, but we get dozens of people who don't see that shipping foam and then start threads asking about choppy or shaky video. It's so common that its the first thing I always suspect.

In those cases, many of the videos posted show the worst choppiness while turning. Your post sounded like another example, but this time it wasn't.

Anyway, good luck with the troubleshooting. Cheers!

Reactions: Spappy
Perfect. Sorry to have asked, but we get dozens of people who don't see that shipping foam and then start threads asking about choppy or shaky video. It's so common that its the first thing I always suspect.

In those cases, many of the videos posted show the worst choppiness while turning. Your post sounded like another example, but this time it wasn't.

Anyway, good luck with the troubleshooting. Cheers!
Thank you! So far, as long as I leave it in 1080, it seems to be doing a decent job. I just wish I had the capability of seeing it in 2.2k. As soon as I get some vids uploaded I'll post them here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub