Choppy footage on playback and on smartphone during flying. Random "No signal" issue.

Reaction score
Hi all. A few days ago I realised that SOMETIMES (usually when the aircraft is moving or at least gimbal is moving) my footage looks choppy and kinda "damaged" when I was looking on it on my smartphone during flying. And there is same result on playback on my computer. I use U3 speed class memory card and tried with a few other cards. Moreover I reproduced the same issue when I was recording footage just in FullHD resolution - so I have choppy FullHD video on playback (I can upload it if it's needed). Thus It's definitely not about memory card problems.

I also have sometimes "No Signal" issue. I can reproduce it sooner or later if I take the aircraft in my hand and rotate it quite gently. BTW after "No Signal" notice appears gimbal usually yaws to the left or to the right. After a few seconds signal usually regains and gimbal initial middle position regains as well.

Everything is up to date. I had completely reinstalled my DJI GO 4 APP.

Looks like there are some troubles with gimbal/camera? Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Try another tablet/device, or at the least, re-boot the tablet and try it with minimal apps running.

Try another tablet/device, or at the least, re-boot the tablet and try it with minimal apps running.

Thanks for suggestion.
I have been using for flying Samsung Galaxy Note 4 all the time since I've bought my drone.
Have tried on re-booted Samsung Galaxy S8 and pretty easily reproduced the same issues.

Is this the SD card from the phone ? The best footage will be on the SD card in the drone. The footage on the phone auto records what you see and will always be choppy

Is this the SD card from the phone ? The best footage will be on the SD card in the drone. The footage on the phone auto records what you see and will always be choppy
This footage was retrieved from drone SD card. As I mentioned I'm pretty sure the problem is not in SD card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj