Check your SD card before flight

Reaction score
Happened now the second time around
Midway trough the litchimission I hear this lovely sound
"Warning SD card full"[emoji26]
Hurts even more when you watch half the recording and it's so beautiful than cut off
So here is my tip check how much space you have left on your SD card before every flight/ mission it can fill up fast with 4 k even 2.7 k !!
From now on it will be part of my pre checklist before every flight

Been there, done that! :eek: If you use 64GB cards, even if you forget to reformat, you'll still be fine for a second flight on the same card. Otherwise, get a bunch of 32 GB microSD cards, and put in a fresh, empty one every time you remove the current one upon landing. Avoids forgetting to put in a memory card, too! :cool:

Been there, done that! :eek: If you use 64GB cards, even if you forget to reformat, you'll still be fine for a second flight on the same card. Otherwise, get a bunch of 32 GB microSD cards, and put in a fresh, empty one every time you remove the current one upon landing. Avoids forgetting to put in a memory card, too! :cool:

Thats the other part got another 6 spare cards lol just forgot to check that 1

1cd99020af90d1dd2e8bc1fc58961f21.jpg

Reactions: Dazzauk and BigAl07
we've all done that - along with get to shoot location and realise that the SD cards are all neatly lined up in their holder on your desk (after you copied everything top the PC) which happens to be 15 miles away :)

we've all done that - along with get to shoot location and realise that the SD cards are all neatly lined up in their holder on your desk (after you copied everything top the PC) which happens to be 15 miles away :)
Did that just yesterday. I did take a couple of photos of my Phantom flying with my Ipad, that was the extent of my image capture though.

Reactions: andy_k
Yep[emoji45]
I almost did the same thing tonight, except I put in a used 64GB card, with one flight already on it, in case I forgot to reformat, and I did forget to reformat! 64GB cards for the forgetful! :cool:

On the P4, a 16GB card is the largest you will ever need for a single flight, as it will store up to 33 minutes of continuous 4K video at 60mbs before you fill the card. Shooting stills, you might be able to fill it up shooting DNG+JPG with 5 frame AEB, shooting as fast as the buffer will allow. Where it becomes more tricky is with the newer P4P at 100mbs for 4K video. The included 16GB card in the P4P will fill up after only 20 minutes of continuous video, so a 32GB is the minimum required. If you go to a 64GB card, you can actually re-use the card for three full flights of 25 minutes, if you repeatedly forget to reformat before flight! :cool:

My procedure:

Immediately upon entering house after flight session, bring aircraft and RC to desktop computer.

While I'm still standing: put RC on computer chair, remove micro-SD from aircraft, put micro-SD card next to computer keyboard, and put aircraft within arm's reach. If I then have to do something else, I can, but I won't be able to sit down at my computer until I've removed the RC from the chair.

Pick up RC and sit down.

Connect viewing device to USB cable to recharge battery of viewing device, and set down RC/viewing device until next flight.

Put micro-SD into the SD adapter which I always leave in the same spot near the computer. Plug card into slot on computer.

Open micro-SD card, select all files, cut, paste into file folder on computer.

As soon as files have finished loading onto computer, remove now-empty micro-SD card from computer, reach for aircraft, put the card in the aircraft. This is the easiest step to forget. However, the pain that can result from forgetting this step tends to reinforce one's memory after one has forgotten a time or three... or so I've heard. :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4