CHECK THIS OUT BOYS

Reaction score
Not me ,there is not enough money to get me to be a passenger in that thing.
Nope, nada no way .
Is cool though.:)

I'd fly that in a heart beat... but only if they make it in Big Boy size.... I don't see my 6'4" (wide) frame fitting in that fuselage let alone those motors being able to lift me off the ground LOL.

Reactions: D D S and dronesky
I'd fly that in a heart beat... but only if they make it in Big Boy size.... I don't see my 6'4" (wide) frame fitting in that fuselage let alone those motors being able to lift me off the ground LOL.
Size doesn't matter BigAl07 you can fly it in comfort the pilot is only on the ground the passenger is the brave one here trusting a pilot who is safely on the ground :D

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07
Oh so the RPIC flew and the CEO was inside the aircraft? NEGATIVE! Not happening! I would FLY it but I am not flying with someone else, on the ground, operating the controls.... NOPE! NEVER! Not happening!!

HA..,ya know it's coming..
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Its pretty neat, but I dont see why the guy sitting in it wouldnt have a set of controls. If you got caught in the fog just hit return to home.

This technology has existed for quite some time. The reason we don't see many "manned" quadcopters is unlike conventional aircraft which "can" land with a reasonable safety margin when unpowered, quadcopters cannot. No way I'd trust one enough to never fail.

This technology has existed for quite some time. The reason we don't see many "manned" quadcopters is unlike conventional aircraft which "can" land with a reasonable safety margin when unpowered, quadcopters cannot. No way I'd trust one enough to never fail.
Seems like a quad would have the same basic auto-rotation capability as a helicopter, but I'm with you - that's for people that like to bungee jump from moving trains over chasms full of sharp rocks. I'll stick to my fixed wing flying when I'm not remote piloting.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I was so impressed with this machine I purchased the simulator. It's the c;osest I'll ever get to sitting in one and flying it. You must admit it was a fantastic step forward in domestic flying. I imagine there's be a lot of people going on diets so they can not only fit in it, but also from having to stop eating so they can pay for it. How many DJI flyers have a spare $500,000 doing nothing? I'm sure I'd have trouble buying the batteries to power it.

Thankfully it's people like the pilot who've put their lives on the line to keep the human race going forward. Imagine how different the world would be if nobody had the courage to fly that first plane at Kittyhawk. If I could go back to my teens I'd do whatever it took to fly. If only, two words I use too often today.

Reactions: Theo CvV
I was so impressed with this machine I purchased the simulator. It's the c;osest I'll ever get to sitting in one and flying it. You must admit it was a fantastic step forward in domestic flying. I imagine there's be a lot of people going on diets so they can not only fit in it, but also from having to stop eating so they can pay for it. How many DJI flyers have a spare $500,000 doing nothing? I'm sure I'd have trouble buying the batteries to power it.

Thankfully it's people like the pilot who've put their lives on the line to keep the human race going forward. Imagine how different the world would be if nobody had the courage to fly that first plane at Kittyhawk. If I could go back to my teens I'd do whatever it took to fly. If only, two words I use too often today.
I am with you on that , My grand father was brit aero club pilot licence no 14 & l am sure i have all his flying genes. T

It's not a quad... it has 12 motors and some degree of redundancy built in (not "just" 4 motors, multiple batteries etc). My HEX can fly on 5 motors (not well but it can) and there are quads specifically designed to be able to fly on 3 motors (not great but still fly and land fairly well). So I would imagine (HOPE) that they have designed this one to be able to handle some degree of propulsion failure scenarios.

24874432-0-image-a-6_1582018681772.jpg

Seems like a quad would have the same basic auto-rotation capability as a helicopter, but I'm with you - that's for people that like to bungee jump from moving trains over chasms full of sharp rocks. I'll stick to my fixed wing flying when I'm not remote piloting.

Auto-rotation is possibly from the energy stored in the mass of the large ROTOR on a helicopter. W/O any large rotors (lack of sufficient mass) it's not possible. It also needs altitude to maintain rotor speed (energy) to give a safe and "Soft" landing. Also you would need to be able to change the PITCH of the rotor for Auto-Rotation.

Reactions: dronesky

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31