Check out this video showing the new DJI MAVIC!!!!!!

Is the camera the same as P4 or does it have more resolution for stills?

I don't know that distance is going to be a huge factor for the Karma or Mavic since the prime factor appears to be portability and ease of use, but if they can get equal or better range with that remote as opposed to stock P3P or P4's I think they're going to be tough to beat.

Looks really nice; that is a pretty small screen is my only first-reaction concern. Will definitely keep this on my radar.

Is the camera the same as P4 or does it have more resolution for stills?
The video does not go into detail on the specs. I listed them here.

Specs sound better than the Kharma if the price is similar! if only they add a backpack ..

I wouldn't go for the goggle. It will be a add on anyway. For £999 I would rather have the Mavic than the Karma to be honest! Let's wait on models (differences between them?) and prices

On the goggle front, didn't they "partner" with Epson on their new glasses? If DJI is now producing their own it seems they would be a tad careful here, or at least put in a different class and price point. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out and if Fatshark needs to seriously up their game to compete in this segment.
Good times for the consumer I would think in this arena.....

What am I missing? This looks all around better than a P4 ... What's the P4 got over this? Couple MPH faster maybe, 1 min longer claimed battery.
Vs protected camera and gimbal, longer controller range, smaller footprint
Drooling here...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

casey seems to have one already look at his video.. or he has something else we don't know about.. ?

do not open until October 18!

2min 15sec he mentions it.

Last edited:
What am I missing? This looks all around better than a P4 ... What's the P4 got over this? Couple MPH faster maybe, 1 min longer claimed battery.
Vs protected camera and gimbal, longer controller range, smaller footprint
Drooling here...

Yeah, I am an old guy but it kind of reminds me of the computer revolution back in the day.....wait - the new model is faster and smaller, and, and.........then you kind of lull yourself into always waiting for the new improved which rolls out about every 3 months and whatever you have that is a year old is a dinosaur. Frustrating but fun......

Reactions: Drestin Black
It looks like the Mavic RC has a adjustable type holder for you cell phone to run GO.

Yeah, I am an old guy but it kind of reminds me of the computer revolution back in the day.....wait - the new model is faster and smaller, and, and.........then you kind of lull yourself into always waiting for the new improved which rolls out about every 3 months and whatever you have that is a year old is a dinosaur. Frustrating but fun......

I'm 23 with 30 years experience myself and into computers every day of it. The upgrade cycle never stops.

This thing is way smaller and more portable, looks more robust, protected lens and gimbal, better range, better computing power. Like I said, could be a no brainer upgrade. One of my P4s may be on eBay very shortly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl