Cheapest way to dramatically increse fpv range

I'll buy the first tool (at any price) that provides an open interface to live telemetry data via bluetooth. Competition is good, and most welcome. I don't know whether these accusations of inpropriety are true or not, but it is good to see the author (or not) of the competing app has come here to defend himself, or at the very least introduce himself. However please, if you want to swing accusations around, maybe it would be best left to PMs? Lets talk about what you have planned instead?

To me peoples like those 2 guys, trying to make profit, out of a couple simple command lines boosting the tx of the phantom and or changing it to wireless G, without wanting to share details of their testing, commands and results are just egoists and selfish peoples for their own personal gain and are actually slowing everyone down in finding mods and tricks for the community ...

I've no respect for egocentric peoples not sharing details of such simple hacks

isopro said:
To me peoples like those 2 guys, trying to make profit, out of a couple simple command lines boosting the tx of the phantom and or changing it to wireless G, without wanting to share details of their testing, commands and results are just egoists and selfish peoples for their own personal gain and are actually slowing everyone down in finding mods and tricks for the community ...

Given your avatar, that attitude doesn't surprise me in the least. Somehow you seem to equate software with a lesser monetary value than hardware, however regardless of whether something is constructed from matter or electrons the time and effort is the same. That's your misguided prerogative, however unless you have a plan for making the average consumer privy to in ins and outs of Linux and terminal operation, then these apps do server a purpose, and a purpose for which people are gladly and rightfully willing to pay a few bucks. Software developers work for a living just like anybody else.

As to the fool who so eloquently declared these apps scams - prove it.

varmint said:
isopro said:

Given your avatar, that attitude doesn't surprise me in the least. Somehow you seem to equate software with a lesser monetary value than hardware, however regardless of whether something is constructed from matter or electrons the time and effort is the same. That's your misguided prerogative, however unless you have a plan for making the average consumer privy to in ins and outs of Linux and terminal operation, then these apps do server a purpose, and a purpose for which people are gladly and rightfully willing to pay a few bucks. Software developers work for a living just like anybody else.

This is not a software its a simple command line hack, the software they made was ONLY to generate monetary value for their own personal gain instead of sharing the simple command lines to the community. You probably are one of their account trying to defend their greed anyway...

varmint said:
isopro said:

Why should I prove anything? They got some bad reviews from people who bought the "app"...seems like the burden of proof should be on the "developer". Swing and a miss champ. ;)

Also not sharing the exact way this affect the phantom system can cause risks to the end users and end up killing their Wifi chipset. without their full informed consent of what they are actually doing to their hardware, they are taking a huge risk testing this **** blindly...

isopro said:
Also not sharing the exact way this affect the phantom system can cause risks to the end users and end up killing their Wifi chipset. without their full informed consent of what they are actually doing to their hardware, they are taking a huge risk testing this **** blindly...

Agreed...Also wondering whether DJI is sanguine about the idea of having their software monkeyed around with for someone else's profit.

isopro said:
MattUNI2001 said:
lol, haters always be hating. These two children are just envious that they didn't figure out the command to profit off of. I bet their house is full of wet tissues from all of their constant crying. Poor wittle babies. *sniff* *sniff*
I allready use similar commands on a standard Vision and get 2x longer range. Here another shill account of the software scammers ?...
Use the similar commands on original P2V does NOT work for sure. You may spread this out to P2V community and let people test it. However, we have the solution for original P2V booster.

Copying from others is effortless. Every single line of code/command may involves hours/days/weeks of effort on research & testing. If I'm telling you right now (1) boosting the repeater is about a few lines of code/command, but the command used by the clone does not work at all (2) enabling channel-7 lever is a few lines of code/command (3) boosting original P2V is another few lines of code/command (4) getting telemetry data from aircraft is also a few lines of code/command, etc.

Now, it's your turn "isopro" to show us your competence to make any of the above working with a few lines of code/command. I'm eager to learn, but I bet I will be disappointed.

PVFlyer said:
I'm eager to learn, but I bet I will be disappointed.

Join the club... We've been disappointed for weeks... paid a high price for an app with a bunch of promises of coming features and benefits... and so far not one update

PVFlyer said:
In fact, we completed stage-2 booster app feature development a few weeks ago, and currently spending 3X effort on protection, but this is inevitable.

Turns out we are sitting around waiting for you to protect yourselves.... and for what? With all the PM messages going around to share the Android app for side load because people don't want to pay the price ... seems like you shot yourself in the foot with that one... and you're not doing much in the way of updates to make the price of admission seem worth it.

Nothing personal here... I'm just a quad flyer who wants what he can get from his device... I don't care who did what to who first... All I see is end result and does it benefit the flyers... All this finger pointing and blaming and belittling just makes for bad feelings toward the poster.

I can see why this situation has you guys a bit shook up... you better hope this new contender is less than capable of coding... because if he is... your app is dead in the water. (Remains to be seen I guess)

now.... could somebody here get cracking on releasing some features?! (Just a few lines of code) :lol:

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:
I'm eager to learn, but I bet I will be disappointed.

Join the club... We've been disappointed for weeks... paid a high price for an app with a bunch of promises of coming features and benefits... and so far not one update

PVFlyer said:
In fact, we completed stage-2 booster app feature development a few weeks ago, and currently spending 3X effort on protection, but this is inevitable.

Turns out we are sitting around waiting for you to protect yourselves.... and for what? With all the PM messages going around to share the Android app for side load because people don't want to pay the price ... seems like you shot yourself in the foot with that one... and you're not doing much in the way of updates to make the price of admission seem worth it.

Nothing personal here... I'm just a quad flyer who wants what he can get from his device... I don't care who did what to who first... All I see is end result and does it benefit the flyers... All this finger pointing and blaming and belittling just makes for bad feelings toward the poster.

I can see why this situation has you guys a bit shook up... you better hope this new contender is less than capable of coding... because if he is... your app is dead in the water. (Remains to be seen I guess)

now.... could somebody here get cracking on releasing some features?! (Just a few lines of code) :lol:
Oh, I like competition and new contenders as well with new technology and innovation, but not clone.

You paid for an app whatever AS IS justified for the value. Otherwise, don't buy or wait until the new features coming out to justify what you pay. I bought original P2V last year when it was first released. I have never expected DJI offering a free upgrade to P2V+, and it will never happen. Or I can keep waiting until P2V++, P3V or P4V.

This thread has been locked for cleanup.

Edit: Offending posts have been removed, warnings issued, and we're back open for business. Duke out the issues all you want, but please keep it minimally civil!

b2pilot186 said:
Why should I prove anything? They got some bad reviews from people who bought the "app"...seems like the burden of proof should be on the "developer". Swing and a miss champ. ;)

"You're a liar, a cheating loser, a drug addict, and you assaulted my daughter"

Now according to your misguided interpretation of how the world (and most civil ethics) should work, it's up to you to prove me wrong.

Brilliant "champ". You need to work on your pitch.

PVFlyer said:
isopro said:
MattUNI2001 said:
lol, haters always be hating. These two children are just envious that they didn't figure out the command to profit off of. I bet their house is full of wet tissues from all of their constant crying. Poor wittle babies. *sniff* *sniff*
I allready use similar commands on a standard Vision and get 2x longer range. Here another shill account of the software scammers ?...
Use the similar commands on original P2V does NOT work for sure. You may spread this out to P2V community and let people test it. However, we have the solution for original P2V booster.

Copying from others is effortless. Every single line of code/command may involves hours/days/weeks of effort on research & testing. If I'm telling you right now (1) boosting the repeater is about a few lines of code/command, but the command used by the clone does not work at all (2) enabling channel-7 lever is a few lines of code/command (3) boosting original P2V is another few lines of code/command (4) getting telemetry data from aircraft is also a few lines of code/command, etc.

Now, it's your turn "isopro" to show us your competence to make any of the above working with a few lines of code/command. I'm eager to learn, but I bet I will be disappointed.

Instead of making us wait weeks for the Vision App, you could share some technical details, of your testing and let other peoples test, but instead you keep those details as commercial secrets to generate profit for your self. It is evident 90% the work you guys do is coding the application sending the commands, the commands are pretty simple to use...But you want that money so bad that you don't share the details.
Being greedy is bad, slows down community progress this summer, and also makes you look bad...
For the Vision(non-plus) i just put tx to 500mw as i said in another post changing Wifi Locales and i set it to Wireless G, i still get full FPV at max range of the unmodded remote control, anyway i almost never fly further then my eyes can see the drone in case i would lose camera saignal(as happened before), because i don't fully trust the RTH(i don't even use SSH commands i just use the range extender UI to set everything up)...
What do you offer to do in your app, be honest for once and stop thinking about potential profit.. ?
How about you share a SSH command sequense to boost the Normal Vision until you can release the app this would save us time every time we boot the Drone because some of us don't have that much experience using commands(summer will be over here in the north before you even release that stuff and then it will be useless to buy for everyone up north)...
But im pretty sure you will not share ANY information that will not give you profit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj