Cheapest way to dramatically increse fpv range

Briefly gone through this clone app and the developer (Selfmade Developing), it seems most of the apps from this German developer are clones from other sources, but simply sell them cheaper like many other China clones.

I also found a few tricky things of this clone booster app below.
- It used the exact same codes (likely copy from V+ Booster app) applying to BOTH aircraft and repeater.
- The repeater end is never boosting as advertised, because of the app is sending an invalid command to the repeater. There is no boosting effect and unsure if any side effect. Probably there is nowhere to copy valid codes boosting the repeater. :lol:
- Seems no testing at all on the repeater end, otherwise this is a very obvious symptom that you can't missed it.

Sorry, no offence to German but just a shame to the developer. German used to be prudent, innovative and high quality, as I learn from Mercedes, BMW, Audi, SAP, etc. How come making something like this... :?

cheap aint no way to go with my baby.... my moneys with the original author... just saying

I don't know.
For me it is important that the app simply do the job.

It is cheaper and that is okay for me.

Original and best as far as I am concerned !

:cool:

PVFlyer said:
Briefly gone through this clone app and the developer (Selfmade Developing), it seems most of the apps from this German developer are clones from other sources, but simply sell them cheaper like many other China clones.

- It used the exact same codes (likely copy from V+ Booster app) applying to BOTH aircraft and repeater.
- The repeater end is never boosting as advertised, because of the app is sending an invalid command to the repeater. There is no boosting effect and unsure if any side effect. Probably there is nowhere to copy valid codes boosting the repeater. :lol:
- Seems no testing at all on the repeater end, otherwise this is a very obvious symptom that you can't missed it.

Sorry, no offence to German but just a shame to the developer. German used to be prudent, innovative and high quality, as I learn from Mercedes, BMW, Audi, SAP, etc. How come making something like this... :?

Hmm, why is this a "clone" app? Is Putty a clone app? How is an app that SSHs into the wifi and changes parameters somehow incredibly intuitive and deserving of exclusive status? Once the password was hacked and shared (by somebody other than you) this is exactly what was going to happen, and there will be more apps doing exactly the same thing. Just because I want to use the telemetry stream to control an antenna tracker, provide data logging, and act as a GPS tracker, does that mean FlyTrex has the right to call what I eventually come up with a "clone" too?

Look, I REALLY like the functionality your app provides, but please be realistic here; Your not holding any patents, you're not holding any copyrights, and you didn't exactly crack NSA encryption. What you did was going to happen whether you did it first or not. You have every right to call yourself the first, and if you keep adding functions, you can keep calling yourself the best, but to default to "clone" calling is a bit harsh considering the lack of technology here.

.....and returning unanswered emails, and maintaining a good stature with in the community are both very important. I have learned more then once that "What goes up, will eventually come down".

I'm personally a person of loyalty. But most are not. And I guarantee if someone has something similar, and is even a dollar less price, the majority will flock to the cheaper option. I don't agree with it, but it is just that away unfortunately.

Shall I try sending another email?

Btw Tony, more then likely tryToFly created his account just to post this to stir the pot.

varmint said:
PVFlyer said:

Hmm, why is this a "clone" app? Is Putty a clone app? How is an app that SSHs into the wifi and changes parameters somehow incredibly intuitive and deserving of exclusive status? Once the password was hacked and shared (by somebody other than you) this is exactly what was going to happen, and there will be more apps doing exactly the same thing. Just because I want to use the telemetry stream to control an antenna tracker, provide data logging, and act as a GPS tracker, does that mean FlyTrex has the right to call what I eventually come up with a "clone" too?

Look, I REALLY like the functionality your app provides, but please be realistic here; Your not holding any patents, you're not holding any copyrights, and you didn't exactly crack NSA encryption. What you did was going to happen whether you did it first or not. You have every right to call yourself the first, and if you keep adding functions, you can keep calling yourself the best, but to default to "clone" calling is a bit harsh considering the lack of technology here.
"Hmm, why is this a "clone" app?" It's real simple. My dev buddy added some signature code to the app, and this clone simply copied EVERYTHING including the signature. Imagine, if you copied an article from someone else without quoting the source, I bet you wouldn't be stupid enough to also copy the signature. It seems this clone couldn't even distinguish between content and signature. :lol:

The most funny thing is that the clone claimed to boost the repeater by simply applying the same code (probably together with the signature) to the repeater, but the repeater never get boosted at all as advertised. This is simply because of such invalid code having no effect for the repeater. It further shows this clone probably never perform any field test or even lab test.

PVFlyer said:
My dev buddy added some signature code to the app, and this clone simply copied EVERYTHING including the signature. Imagine, if you copied an article from someone else without quoting the source, I bet you wouldn't be stupid enough to also copy the signature. It seems this clone couldn't even distinguish between content and signature. :lol:

I feel like this would have to be against Google's Terms of Service. If you could prove that they directly scraped your code, I would think you could have that app removed from the store, or in the very least, you could maybe give the person who copied your code a bit of a headache by having Google look into their app. Otherwise, every popular game or app would have an exact replica with only slight tweaks. I'd at least submit the following form and give it a shot: https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?hl=en

Sucks to see a direct ripoff if that is true... but I hope to see more of these apps come out real soon (I know someone working on one as we speak) ... it is good for the end user to see competition in the market... then maybe it will drive more features and bring them to market quicker... password... different boost levels... 7th channel enabler... maybe some repeater boost... and who knows what else is possible once more qualified people start getting into the mix.

I don't think that this app is a copy or a clone.

The newest version has some nice features.

just out of curiosity, how would one copy or clone the code. Isn't the code or signature compiled into the machine language of the app and would only be accessible if the source code was made available? I'm not doubting what's being said, but I am curious... Thanks.

srandall25 said:
just out of curiosity, how would one copy or clone the code. Isn't the code or signature compiled into the machine language of the app and would only be accessible if the source code was made available? I'm not doubting what's being said, but I am curious... Thanks.

There are many programs made specifically to reverse-engineer and decompile code to do exactly just that.

For example, I did a quick Google search and immediately found this website: http://www.decompileandroid.com/

MattUNI2001 said:
srandall25 said:

There are many programs made specifically to reverse-engineer and decompile code to do exactly just that.

For example, I did a quick Google search and immediately found this website: http://www.decompileandroid.com/
Android is a Java based language, and Android apps are very easy to reverse the source code. That's why most of good apps are initially from iOS or never be ported to Android. We are forced to spend a lot more effort on protecting the codes for upcoming versions. In fact, we completed stage-2 booster app feature development a few weeks ago, and currently spending 3X effort on protection, but this is inevitable.

Hello together,

i am working at Selfmade Dev and took part in programming the Back-End parts of our app. A friend of us informed me what is going on here. I just created this account to put things right, because in my opinion the accusations are going a bit too far.

So PVFlyer say that: 1. We decompiled his app and stole his code
2. Maybe downrated him in Appstore.
3. Our Phantom transmitter boost does not work.

1: Honestly, i guess the only thing your app does is putting down a SHH-Command. We don’t copied anything of your app and did not even download it once for the price. The code to put down the SHH-Command is available everywhere for example: http://eridem.net/android-tip-021-ssh-e ... h-android/ You dont need to decompile anything to get a clue what is done by these kind of apps.
Additionally we put down a bit more usability to diversify from other apps. In our app you can see if the connection to the devices could be established. Furthermore our app looks completely different and will gain more and more features, to warrant the price of 1,99. Please don’t say that we stole code from you.

2: You can only rate apps if you download and install them first in the google play store. I think in IOS-World the Appstore works in the same way. Trust me, we don’t spend our money to buy apps and downrate them. We are not even represented in the IOS AppStore with our app, so what sense would it make?

3. We have tested to put down the SHH-Command on the phantom transmitter. It worked. For testing more we put down more commands for example lower the transmitting power. It worked and the connection got lost.
But this all make me wonder if you are maybe more interested in our app, than we are in yours?

The only thing what is happening is here is that you offer an app with a simple function for 8€, which is of course your good right. We just offer an alternative for 1.99€, which is our good right.

Excuse me for my poor english please. For more questions about us and our apps, please contact us. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Selfmade Developing

selfmadedev said:
Hello together,

i am working at Selfmade Dev and took part in programming the Back-End parts of our app. A friend of us informed me what is going on here. I just created this account to put things right, because in my opinion the accusations are going a bit too far.

So PVFlyer say that: 1. We decompiled his app and stole his code
2. Maybe downrated him in Appstore.
3. Our Phantom transmitter boost does not work.

1: Honestly, i guess the only thing your app does is putting down a SHH-Command. We don’t copied anything of your app and did not even download it once for the price. The code to put down the SHH-Command is available everywhere for example: http://eridem.net/android-tip-021-ssh-e ... h-android/ You dont need to decompile anything to get a clue what is done by these kind of apps.
Additionally we put down a bit more usability to diversify from other apps. In our app you can see if the connection to the devices could be established. Furthermore our app looks completely different and will gain more and more features, to warrant the price of 1,99. Please don’t say that we stole code from you.

2: You can only rate apps if you download and install them first in the google play store. I think in IOS-World the Appstore works in the same way. Trust me, we don’t spend our money to buy apps and downrate them. We are not even represented in the IOS AppStore with our app, so what sense would it make?

3. We have tested to put down the SHH-Command on the phantom transmitter. It worked. For testing more we put down more commands for example lower the transmitting power. It worked and the connection got lost.
But this all make me wonder if you are maybe more interested in our app, than we are in yours?

The only thing what is happening is here is that you offer an app with a simple function for 8€, which is of course your good right. We just offer an alternative for 1.99€, which is our good right.

Excuse me for my poor english please. For more questions about us and our apps, please contact us. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Selfmade Developing
Well, if you need me to show your copying code (including the stupid signature code) of your 1.0 APK, please let me know. I can post your code in the forum as evidence. Obviously, you quickly updated your app to the current 1.1 afterward likely removing the signature.

I don't even bother to challenge you the extender NEVER get boosted as advertised in your app, as I indicated earlier in this thread. People will figure out soon there is no range improvement when boosting the extender only.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20