cheap gimbal $40

Hi

Pomonabill220
thanks for your info, next time I connect my v1.1.1 to the pc I'll have a go at changing the gimbal settings.
BTW I notice that your P2 is a bit heavier than mine, my v 1.1.1 with boscam 5.8gh tx cheap ocd and the cheap gimbal is 1235grams so just under yours but my camera is a foxtech Horyzon HD V3 which is a very light camera and records video at the same quality as the P3A camera, 1920x1080p 30fps, and in case your thinking it's the light camera causing the problem I've tried adding weights of lead on the camera to test it but still the same

now I realise that I have to use some more software but I don't think I'm confidant enough to do things like that so I'll have to settle with it as is
thanks anyway

Last edited:
Just don't go crazy adjusting things!!!
Adding weights is not really the way to go and can be accomplished with the servo settings (PID and motor power) on the gimbal.
There is good documentation on what the different settings do, so I suggest you read that first and become familiar with what the parameters do.
Also, save your settings after you make a change, so you can go back if things don't work out.
I found these cheap gimbals have alot of flexabilty for whatever camera you are using, so don't write it off yet.
Yes, it is cheap, but give it a try first!
The website for the software is basecamelectronics (dot)com Look for the software tab, then select simplegbc 8 bit gui. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE THOUGH!!!!

As far as the weight goes, I thought of what might be the difference (mine is about 100g heavier).
I believe the P1 uses a completley different battery than the P2 (smart battery). Yours has other things on it that are different too, so 100 g. could come from many different things. That is less than a 10% difference too.

sorry yes I did mean OSD.
please don't get me wrong about adding weight, I only done it on the table to test if that could have been the problem, I wouldn't dream of flying with it like that,

your turn now, did you mean before you make changes? (Also, save your settings after you make a change,).........:)

I can use the DJI assistant fully OK but not too sure about the (simplegbc 8 bit gui) but I'll have another look at it and see if I can understand it as I would be nice if I could get the gimbal to act smoothly in pitch.
thanks for your help
ray

Yes, I was referring to the simplebgc software where you can save profiles.
So before changing anything, save it as "default.profile". I don't know why, but you have to put the dot and profile (.profile) or it won't show up in the folder when you want to load a profile...strange.

Then make some changes and test. If it is what you want, save that to another file name, like "first try.profile" (do not include the quotes).

that way IF you need to fine tune your latest SAVED profile, you can tweak and save again under yet another file name.
Getting in the habit of saving whenever you change something gives you an out if you do something REAL bad, and don't know where to start.
True for anything really....

The instructions for the simplebgc software is pretty good and is on their site also. It is well worth reading it before you go nuts with the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav