Charging DJI Phantom batteries in the field

I guess no one has had experience converting a battery bank into an in-field recharging station?

I trailer a bunch of solar panels and setup my own mini solar farm. Then charge people if they want to charge there own.

Reading this thread makes me think I'm doing something wrong...

I have an ARKPAK running a 120 amp HR car battery. I use this mostly for camping, running the fridge, lights etc. So instead of having a dual battery in my 4x4 I have this portable option.

The unit has 2 Cig lighter socket ports - using the DJI Car charger in these is USELESS.... I put a battery that was down to 30% on charge and it took about 3-4hrs to take it to 75% charged....! Disappointing

So the unit had a small 150w inverter so am thinking of using that instead because it's just too slow otherwise.....

Open to suggestions!

I use a GoalZero Yeti 400 Solar Generator. 5 hour charging from the wall at home fills the generator which in turn can charge 3 phantom batteries in the field which will drain the generator. Generator can then be recharged fully in 8 hrs or good sunlight using panels 24 hours if it's constant overcast.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20