Charging battery and transmitter at the same time?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone know if you can plug the P3 battery and the transmitter simultaneously?

PS: totally different question, what is the P3's camera bitrate at 1080p 24 FPS, and 1080p 60 FPS?

Thanks my bros :)

Hi guys,

Anyone know if you can plug the P3 battery and the transmitter simultaneously?

PS: totally different question, what is the P3's camera bitrate at 1080p 24 FPS, and 1080p 60 FPS?

Thanks my bros :)

The manual says not to charge both at the same time using the "standard" charger do to possible overheating. Million dollar question. The advanced comes with a 57 watt charger the Pro with a 100 watt Charger. Do does that mean the 57 watt is standard charger or are they both? Anyway if it's in a cool area and you're using the 100 watt charger, it might be okay to charge both but if you want to er on the safe side only do one at a time.

It does work ok with the 100 watt charger. That being said, at the beginning of the cycle, charging a battery along pulls approx 110W. If you add the TX, it doesn't pull any more power so the charging of the battery slows down considerably. Heat is no worse than with battery only. Later in the cycle, power demand is much less. My take away is that you should probably only do it if you really need to (and you have to be aware that the battery charges slower than normal).

T
It does work ok with the 100 watt charger. That being said, at the beginning of the cycle, charging a battery along pulls approx 110W. If you add the TX, it doesn't pull any more power so the charging of the battery slows down considerably. Heat is no worse than with battery only. Later in the cycle, power demand is much less. My take away is that you should probably only do it if you really need to (and you have to be aware that the battery charges slower than normal).
Thanks a lot :)

I have done it with the 100W power supply, but I usually wait until the P3 battery is half charged before I add the TX. I actually just did this a couple of hours ago.

Reactions: Brad Pierce

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl