Changing the 'Go-home' altitude

I actually just went out and did some testing as well. I was unable to get the RTH height reset to work properly without the IOC checked. I could not get the lights to do the rapid green flash. This worked perfect with IOC enabled.

So the rapid flick non IOC was not working for me. I tried about every possible combination (top to bottom, center to bottom, center to top, etc) and could not get it to enable. This was in NAZA/non IOC. I cant switch to Phantom mode and test as we lose RTH in S1 and I don't trust it enough to fly out of range in my currently location with all my trees to test.

WebMaximus said:
The only issue for me right now is I found the Phantom will quite easily flip over after touchdown if the surface isn't perfectly flat. I do think the "landing gear" could have been designed better making the Phantom less sensitive when the surface isn't perfectly flat. I've digged up some ground with the propellers twice due to this but luckily the propellers are still intact and after this I've also learned to quickly shut the engines down as soon as I touched down.

I would recommend using the hand catch for most landings. It's really very easy and much safer.

Maybe I'll try that but admittedly it feels a bit scary, I rather waste a pair of propellers than a pair of arms...:eek:

WebMaximus said:
Maybe I'll try that but admittedly it feels a bit scary, I rather waste a pair of propellers than a pair of arms...:eek:

Its easier and safer than you think.

WebMaximus said:
jasonb777 said:
In china everything is backwards :D :lol:

:lol: Maybe you're right but isn't DJI in fact a Japanese company?
DJI Headquarters:
17th Floor, West Wing, Skyworth Semiconductor Design Building
No.18 Gaoxin South 4th Ave, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China, 518057

And if using this method do you then shut the engines down by holding the left stick all the way down for 3 seconds while holding the Phantom completely still "fooling" it it has landed?

Will try to find some video clips showing this method.

Just reach up with right hand and and grab the landing gear. If you pull down it will try to increase motor speed and raise. It stays stable and upright. Just pull the left stick back until motor stops with other hand.

Honestly I back mine up to me on the deck and catch it and shut it off without getting out of my chair all the time :)

Well...considering I've almost done more talking to interested people than actual flying so far I don't really need anything that will further attract people's attention ;)

OK, Changed the Quad from Phantom to NAZA. Took it out today and did some tests with it. Took it up to 150' and hit the S2 5+ times. Did not get the fast blinking green lites like I did with Phantom mode. Went ahead and flew it out 500' + at an altitude of 85'and hit RTH and it came back at 85'. do I need to go into the program and change something? I fly where there are a lot of I want to make sure I miss them in a RTH.

WebMaximus said:
:LOL:

Just watched a clip on YouTube and it does look quite easy so will give it a try.
The way to avoid it turning into a Cuisinart is to keep it hovering just above your head, and then reach up to grab the landing gear, thus keeping all your tender parts well beneath the spinning blades. Continue holding it there until the motors have powered off. Remember that the motors will power down to idle as soon as you drop the left stick, but it will take three more seconds for them to power off.

Not sure exactly what you mean by saying you hit S2 5 times.

I've successfully reset the home location in Naza mode several times by first moving S2 to the middle position and then moving it from the middle to the bottom position 5 times in a row. After getting the fast green flashing confirmation I've returned S2 to the top position.

What I've found is it's important to not flip the switch too fast. I would estimate that if you complete the 5 flips in about 3-4 seconds you should be just about right.

Also remember that you can get the confirmation a home location has been set/reset by verifying the distance on your mobile reads close to 0.

I have to say I have been struggling with this lately. Tough to get course lock or home lock to reset.

Werz said:
The way to avoid it turning into a Cuisinart is to keep it hovering just above your head, and then reach up to grab the landing gear, thus keeping all your tender parts well beneath the spinning blades. Continue holding it there until the motors have powered off. Remember that the motors will power down to idle as soon as you drop the left stick, but it will take three more seconds for them to power off.

Thanks for the tips!

Managed to bring her down using this method several times now and still with 5 fingers on each hand left :lol:

rrmccabe said:
I have to say I have been struggling with this lately. Tough to get course lock or home lock to reset.
I will give this a try. i think I did di this but will try it again.

Werz said:
WebMaximus said:
:LOL:

Just watched a clip on YouTube and it does look quite easy so will give it a try.

I don't think that this is pertinent as to what this thread is about.

WebMaximus said:
Not sure exactly what you mean by saying you hit S2 5 times.

I've successfully reset the home location in Naza mode several times by first moving S2 to the middle position and then moving it from the middle to the bottom position 5 times in a row. After getting the fast green flashing confirmation I've returned S2 to the top position.

What I've found is it's important to not flip the switch too fast. I would estimate that if you complete the 5 flips in about 3-4 seconds you should be just about right.

Also remember that you can get the confirmation a home location has been set/reset by verifying the distance on your mobile reads close to 0.

After doing some searching on this Forum. I found out that my ICO was not on. After going into the program and changing that all is good. Went out this morning and flew it up to Alt of 120' Flicked S-2 From CL and HL until I seen my distance change. Flew it out to 1000" with an alt of 55'. Hit return to home it went up to 185'+/- and came back home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1