Changes Are Coming to Part 107 - Here's what to expect.

What’s the procedure for obtaining a Daylight Waiver?
In this video he says “ if you need to fly at night, or anticipate needing to fly at night in the future, you should apply for the waiver now“- slightly paraphrased-
I was under the impression that I had to apply for a daylight waiver for each instance that I wanted to fly at night. Similar to getting an authorization to fly in a controlled airspace. But according to this video it seems like you can get a daylight waiver that acts as a blanket waiver for you and your part 107 operation.

If that is so, what are the key elements to provide in the Waiver request?
Anyone care to share what their successful application looks like?

I was under the impression that I had to apply for a daylight waiver for each instance that I wanted to fly at night. Similar to getting an authorization to fly in a controlled airspace. But according to this video it seems like you can get a daylight waiver that acts as a blanket waiver for you and your part 107 operation.

If that is so, what are the key elements to provide in the Waiver request?
Anyone care to share what their successful application looks like?

My 107.29 waiver is good for 4 years. However If I want to fly at night in controlled airspace I need to apply for another waiver. i did once and it took a few weeks to get. You cannot do it via LAANC

My original 107.29 waiver application was denied. Why? I dunno as they didn't specify what I didn't cover. I thought it was pretty good Apparently not. With the new 2018 FAA reauthorization bill there is a section that the FAA give examples of waivers that contain all the needed elements and have passed muster. So I used one of them, changed minor things, and low and behold, got a waiver in a couple of weeks.

Here is the 107.29 example: https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/p...52_responses/media/107_29_for_section_352.pdf

Some of the things in it I thought were trivial, but kept them in. I will be happy to email you my supporting document & PIC / VO test if you PM me your email.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20