CFR14/107 test Prep

Reaction score
Hey there all you enthusiasts. So I was looking to see if there's anybody that can share a link or has a PDF handy so I can prepare for the test.

Tony Northrops video and search for Tmac on YouTube. In his video he explains what you have to do on IACRA. Also the FAA has study guides. Then search for King part 107 practice tests. Study, and keep taking practice tests. Learn sectionals, weather. I just took mine and it was mostly those 2 subjects.

How to pass the 107

BUY THIS BOOK! (Most helpful thing!)
Rod machado's Private Pilot handbook
Read chapter 2, chapter 6, chapter 7, chapter 9 very important, chapter 10 chapter 12 weather comma chapter 13 Metar chapter 17 miscellaneous

FAR AIM 2017 (book)
READ PART 107 (a big fat book of rule's, make sure to get the newest addition with 107.)

Download the Airman knowledge testing supplement for sport pilot, recreational pilot, and Private pilot PDF.
Download
Use this with www.DroneKnowledgeTestPrep.com
Get a membership it's only $35 for 6 mo.
(This site refers to the figures in the supplement)

Chart_users_guide_12thEd.pdf (how to read the chart)

Los_Angeles_99.pdf (VFR sectional chart)

Part 107 Knowledge Test (41 Questions Answered & Explained) - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA
(good info here)

ALWAYS NOTIFY ALL HELIPORTS!
(Recreational Flights non 107)

Airmap app. For flight planning find nearby heliports to notify (this app gives you the airspace info and heliport names and numbers)

Airnav.com/airports. For phone numbers not listed in airmap. Just search the heliport name in the /airport section.

1800wxbrief.com (file NOTAM here under UAV's, and get weather briefs) file NOTAM for all 107 flight, can do for hobby too.

Remember to keep some kind of log book.(not required but recommended)
I like mine on paper.

Also I recommend goldseal UAV course

Good luck

There is plenty of information online but unfortunately it's all scattered. I haven't seen any one pdf that serves what you are looking for but the practice questions followed up by google searching seems to be the best. The FAA pdf has so much fluff. The maps are where most people should focus their attention since the exam puts emphasis on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20