Centennial Bridge in Rock Island, IL + battery error

Reaction score
Beautiful day outside in western Illinois today, so I decided to fly near the Mississippi River in Rock Island. The Centennial Bridge is beautiful, and the lighting from the sun was perfect. I got some decent footage, but I got a battery error towards the end of my flight (which I had to cut short because I was nervous about the error). The voltages looked fine, but the "battery error" message popped up at the top of the app intermittently. When I clicked on it, it said "invalid battery", which I thought usually only pops up when you are using a 3rd party battery. However, this was with my OEM battery that came with the Phantom 3 Standard and I have never gotten this message before (it's been charged approximately 8 times).

At any rate, when I started getting the message, I had anxiety that the Phantom was going to fall from the sky (even though I assumed that everything was okay since the voltages were fine). The battery error occurred before low battery, but I cut my flight short just to be safe.

Here's the video. My jello effect seems to be mitigated now that I removed the two extra lock pins that I had installed (thinking they went missing after a minor crash). I still get a little bit of stuttering when I strafed to the side along the bridge, but nothing too distracting.

Any comments or advice on the battery error issue I experienced? Is it just a glitch that I got the error stating "invalid battery" even though it was the battery that came with the drone? As long as the voltages looked good, I should be okay to use the battery, right? The message was intermittent, and I haven't flown it again to see if the message reappears.

Any comments or advice on the battery error issue I experienced? Is it just a glitch that I got the error stating "invalid battery" even though it was the battery that came with the drone? As long as the voltages looked good, I should be okay to use the battery, right? The message was intermittent, and I haven't flown it again to see if the message reappears.

Haven't experienced this before, but I would say do a few test flights with the drone where you can't hurt anyone or anything if it falls out of the sky. I'm sure someone will direct you to upload to phantomhelp.com uploader, so you might as well do that now and post it back here.

Haven't experienced this before, but I would say do a few test flights with the drone where you can't hurt anyone or anything if it falls out of the sky. I'm sure someone will direct you to upload to phantomhelp.com uploader, so you might as well do that now and post it back here.

I uploaded the flight record but it's giving me an error "DataTables warning: table id=flightlog - Invalid JSON response". It loads the map view but doesn't load the table of data from the record.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Uploaded the flight record to health drones, and it shows that the error was "Battery:Overheating During Discharge Short Circuit During Discharge". In my app, I clearly remember the top status bar saying, "Battery Error" and which I touched it, it said something about "invalid battery". So I'm not sure how to reconcile that with the warning about overheating discharge, short circuit discharge. Can someone help me make sense of what happened? As far as I can tell, the voltages look fine and there aren't any major deviations, but clearly at the 12m, 39s mark, it shows the warning message in the flight record.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Maybe you should contact DJI?

Did that this morning via online chat. They wanted me to upload a video showing the battery error, which didn't make sense because I explained to them that it showed up during my flight and then went away. I did offer to upload my flight record, but they then asked me a few questions, such as "does the battery charge to 100%", which is does. And the LED's still indicate that the cells are all fine. So they told me just to take a screenshot if the error appears again during flight.

As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't too worried, but I was hoping someone would chime in about that particular error message and if it meant the battery is failing, or if it was just an anomaly.

The flight record shows it as "Overheating During Discharge Short Circuit During Discharge". Does this mean there is something wrong with my battery? It only has 9 charges on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1