Reaction score
Greetings Forum,

I flew over a 350' tall cell tower the other day to try and get some video and images. I know what the antenna components are, but I am not familiar with what the boxes are. I assume that some are amplifiers and controllers, but I don't know which ones are which. Can anyone help me to identify the different components?

Attachments

• DJI_0123.JPG
    DJI_0123.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 710
  • still 3.jpg
    still 3.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 690
  • DJI_0122.JPG
    DJI_0122.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 658
Greetings Forum,

I flew over a 350' tall cell tower the other day to try and get some video and images. I know what the antenna components are, but I am not familiar with what the boxes are. I assume that some are amplifiers and controllers, but I don't know which ones are which. Can anyone help me to identify the different components?

The tall objects are the antennas, each housing will often have more than one antenna in it and you will see several cables attaching to connectors, usually on the bottom. The boxes generally house the radios and surge equipment depending on the specific equipment. The tall antennas you photographed are sector antennas and generally cover a specific area anywhere from 30-120deg depending.

Reactions: BigAl07
Looks like 4T4R MIMO Antenna config with 1 RRU in each sector. Along with coaxial jumper to antennas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31