Cases?

Reaction score
hey guys I'm thinking about buying a phantom 4 in the next month and I've been doing a lot of research on cases. I want to get a protective hard case but i can't find anything that recommends one over the other. i was wondering if anyone had any info on a GPC case vs Case Club vs the pelican case. I'm also open to other suggested cases.

i was wondering if anyone had any info on a GPC case vs Case Club vs the pelican case
Most sellers are selling the same cases -- the Pelican and Seahorse brands are most commonly used. The biggest difference is going to be the design of the interior and the quality of the foam. Both Microraptor Pro and Go Professional (compact or wheeled version) are awesome quality-wise. I own both and would buy them again in a heartbeat.

You can find a list of other commonly used Phantom 4 cases here.

Last edited:
I snagged this for $185 on sale at my local Best Buy:

SKB - iSeries Hard Case for DJI Phantom 3 or 4 Quadcopter - Black

It has custom cut-outs for the Phantom and common accessories.

IMHO, a case is not that great when they attempt to design it to fit a Solo, a P3 and a P4... all the same case. Seems like it fits the Solo the best and then everything else is just an attempt after that. Not even a picture of a P4 in it. Also, the P4 batteries are nothing like the Solo or P3 batteries. I just don't see how they would fit very well in this case. They certainly won't fit in the slots at the bottom of the photo. For that price a person could pick up a quality case designed for the P4.

I had a pelican type case for my PH2. It was great but heavy. When I got my PH3-4k I bought a Tomler Heavy duty hardshell waterproof protective backpack for $104.87 CDN. Good quality and light. The backpacks are great if you have to walk any distance. Hard cases speak for themselves.

Reactions: bryan_m
I had a pelican type case for my PH2. It was great but heavy. When I got my PH3-4k I bought a Tomler Heavy duty hardshell waterproof protective backpack for $104.87 CDN. Good quality and light. The backpacks are great if you have to walk any distance. Hard cases speak for themselves.
Same thing with my P2 and P3. The hardcase was great for taking it in the car or so but usually would ditch it and put everything I needed in backpack and fit the drone in too. Way too difficult to take a hardcase (non-trolly version) anywhere that required some walking. The hardcase looks professional, and would be good for travel but in the end much happier with a hardshell backback. It's smaller and lighter with space for everything I need.

Same thing with my P2 and P3. The hardcase was great for taking it in the car or so but usually would ditch it and put everything I needed in backpack and fit the drone in too. Way too difficult to take a hardcase (non-trolly version) anywhere that required some walking. The hardcase looks professional, and would be good for travel but in the end much happier with a hardshell backback. It's smaller and lighter with space for everything I need.
thanks for the feedback but would a hardshell backpack be protective enough to take on a airplane

thanks for the feedback but would a hardshell backpack be protective enough to take on a airplane
As carry-on, for sure, I'm not sure that I would check my hardcase backpack. Also you have to bring your lipo's as carry-on anyways, you can't check-in Lipos. I don't think there are many Pelicase type hardcases that would fit as handluggage anyways.

Plasticase Nanuk Case for DJI Phantom 4 - Yellow
Plasticase Nanuk Case for DJI Phantom 4 - Silver
$231.57 with coupon code 107 which will save you 7% on most of your order including any of the Phantom 4 kits
397120554.jpg

397120555.jpg

That looks pretty good and you can keep the props on. I found this video of someone using it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
However it's not really standard size for carry on. They sort of fudge the sizing to make it look close. Standards are 22 x 14 x 9. If you look closely it's really 25 x 20 x 9. An agent not paying attention might let it slide, but if you are required to put it in one of those pre-check cage things to test, then it's never going to fit. Seems the latches stick out a bit too much and of course it's too high. However I wonder if the Yellow will make it look more commercial grade/important that the agents don't bother you, or they have a hard time sizing it.

Check out this new solution of HPRC resin case.

You can purchase it on the on-line shop, and the delivery is pretty fast. Also the price is convenient!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: bryan_m

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers