Cases or backpacks for P3?

Reaction score
I'd like to get a case or preferably a backpack for my Phantom 3. Will the cases and back packs for the P2 work for the P3? I've heard the P3 has a slightly bigger landing gear.

DronesEtc.com has a very nice combo pkg: P3P + batt + 64gb card + soft back pack or hard case for $1499

This is the kit I purchased with the hardcase option. I've had to ship my Phantoms in the past and the case is awesome. I also do a lot of boat and fishing filming and when not in use a water proof case is nice.

This is the kit I purchased with the hardcase option. I've had to ship my Phantoms in the past and the case is awesome. I also do a lot of boat and fishing filming and when not in use a water proof case is nice.

Shorebird, just curious when did you make your order? I made the same exact order as you

I ordered mine late....4/20. I asked last week if they were on target for shipping when the site said they would. I was just basically told "we hope".
Sent an email 4/28 just asking if they had received any....no response. This is my third Phantom from them.

I ordered mine late....4/20. I asked last week if they were on target for shipping when the site said they would. I was just basically told "we hope".
Sent an email 4/28 just asking if they had received any....no response. This is my third Phantom from them.

Ah ok. Well I spoke to them and they said they're going to start shipping out orders beginning of next week. Sounds like they don't know exactly how many units are coming in though. I live right next to RCDepot (they have them in stock at the store..) but I'm holding onto this because of the bundle. Guess we'll see.

I'm kinda stuck. There are no Hobby or RC places within a hundred miles of me. Alex at Drones etc has always taken care of me. I know I was late to the order game so I'm going to do my best to chill and just wait. Although currently I am without an quad since I sold both my Vision and Vision plus for funding the P3 purchase.

Just modified my order to include the case! This will be the 3rd Phantom purchased from DronesEtc. They have worked with me very well in the past.

I'm really excited about this case. No idea if this is the final layout, but this is what they had at the NAB. I've got to be able to just toss this unit into the truck with tons of other video equipment, without worrying about damage.

11146328_907859412589982_6361417180946819309_o.jpg

I'm really excited about this case. No idea if this is the final layout, but this is what they had at the NAB. I've got to be able to just toss this unit into the truck with tons of other video equipment, without worrying about damage.

View attachment 18208

If that is the case we get with the combo package, I'm going to be a VERY happy camper!

If that is the case we get with the combo package, I'm going to be a VERY happy camper!

I asked dronesetc about it, asking if it will be a case designed for the P3 and not the P2. They said it will be a GoProfessional case specific for the P3. The one pictured above is exactly that!

https://www.facebook.com/GoProfessi...3749523000976/907859495923307/?type=1&theater

And from the looks of it on the GPC website, it's a roller case to boot!

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/gpc-dji-plus-3.html

View attachment 18208
Great looking case....can you send me a link for it please. I love the fact that you can keep the props on!

I asked dronesetc about it, asking if it will be a case designed for the P3 and not the P2. They said it will be a GoProfessional case specific for the P3. The one pictured above is exactly that!

https://www.facebook.com/GoProfessi...3749523000976/907859495923307/?type=1&theater

And from the looks of it on the GPC website, it's a roller case to boot!

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/gpc-dji-plus-3.html

Becca @dronesetc told me that it was a case w/wheels customized for the P3 but backwards compatible.

Becca @dronesetc told me that it was a case w/wheels customized for the P3 but backwards compatible.

Yeah it's supposed to be a universal case. I'm guessing because the P3 base is taller and wider than then past models, it makes sense that the smaller P2 would be able to fit.

The one improvement I hope from the Tradecraft case for the 2PV+ is the handle arm. I'm not tall 5'7" but that Tradcraft caused me to hunch over rolling the case since the arm was to short (I have back issues). The arm also made a lot of noise when moving through quite offices.....there I go nitpicking....

Ah ok. Well I spoke to them and they said they're going to start shipping out orders beginning of next week. Sounds like they don't know exactly how many units are coming in though. I live right next to RCDepot (they have them in stock at the store..) but I'm holding onto this because of the bundle. Guess we'll see.
Just looking at Drones site they changed the shipping date from April 28th-May 8 to May 14. Either there is a delay in getting them in or this is the next batch.....dunno.

My guess is it's the next batch. Becca did say that shipment from DJI was already on its way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers